PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Sir John!!!

RPM
01-20-2009, 07:37 PM
In our sorry excuse for civilised dialogue, Alistairs 'New President' thread, Sir John showed us all up -some of you may have missed it

"Well i think this thread has gone completely off topic - it's still my birthday after all...................

I have to say, I cracked up, that was so funny as part of that thread...

Which brings me to wishing Sir John a very happy Birthday, even if it's late by a few hours, and many thanks for your continuing generosity to us amateurs, sorry -hobbyists, and for your sense of humour that has saved so many embarrassing threads

Thank you, Sir John !!!
And if any one thinks I'm just 'brown-nosing', whose birthday is next? Evan, Lane , anybody ?

Richard in Los Angeles

lazlo
01-20-2009, 07:55 PM
Happy Birthday John!

So... how old are you now? :D

Bruce Griffing
01-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Happy birthday John!!!! We appreciate your input a lot - this is a good day to say thanks. So thanks a lot and happy birthday. If I am ever in Nottingham, I'll buy you a drink!!!

DFMiller
01-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Happy Birthday John.
Dave

Bill Pace
01-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Was it the 18th? Mussa been, cuz great things happened on the 18th:D --- thats MY birthday! Bet he's younger'n me ... I'm older'n dirt, turned 69 on Sunday:eek:

Happy birthday Sir John, and may you have many more....

dockrat
01-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Happy birthday John. *raising a glass in your direction* :)

wierdscience
01-20-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm not buying it.John has been 35 for the past 42 years and Alistair keeps telling me to send him John's presents:D

speedy
01-20-2009, 08:59 PM
'appy berfday yer Ludship.

lazlo
01-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Was it the 18th? Mussa been, cuz great things happened on the 18th:D --- thats MY birthday!

Hey, Happy Birthday Bill! :)

abn
01-21-2009, 01:58 AM
Happy Birthday.

Norman Atkinson
01-21-2009, 03:15 AM
You're 60- you poor sod!

Join the 'Last of the Summer Wine'

You now can officially have an excuse to travel on buses without paying!

Happy Whatsit- anyway

Norman

Circlip
01-21-2009, 04:07 AM
You wicked old bu**er, you hid that one well. Hope you didn't get the usual birthday hair tugging:p Wasn't going to go to Harrowgate this year, but I might just have to to buy you a pint (well, half, Yorkshiremen an all that)

Best wishes John, it's all downhill from now on. Strange thing is, that when other people look at you you're 60, but from your own side looking out you're still 20??

Best regards Ian.

Timleech
01-21-2009, 04:37 AM
You're 60- you poor sod!

Norman

There was me thinking John was just ahead of me :rolleyes:

Tim

John Stevenson
01-21-2009, 04:38 AM
Thank you kind sirs for the wishes.
I was 61 actually and have been entitled to a bus pass for a year, just never bothered getting one but I will.
Uneventful day really, no one came, customers or visitors to make me laugh with horrible bent and broken parts.

Only a carrier at 5:00 with 25 electric motors which I didn't think funny so I knocked off and went home, all 34 paces :D

Ian you are safe for Harrogate, we get that busy we don't have time for a drink during the day, lucky to get a cold coffee.
However if you manage to make it to Mother Shiptons at the night then we'll see a true example of Yorkshire generosity ?

It's true what you say about looking out and looking in. The other week in town i was waiting to cross the road and this very nice young girl stopped her car to let me pass and smiled. I put my hand up to thank her and thought the old magic is still there.

Two street away it struck me that looking thru her eyes all she saw was some sad old git waiting to cross the road.

Seventeen streets later it stuck me that I never had the magic anyway at any age.

Good job the council offices were shut or I would have gone straight in and got my bus pass :mad:

Timleech
01-21-2009, 04:43 AM
I was 61 actually and have been entitled to a bus pass for a year, just never bothered getting one but I will.

Our council offers a choice between a free bus pass or a free Senior Railcard, which gets you a decent discount on rail fares.
As we don't have any buses - the three a day we had were stopped about 4 years ago - that choice was a no-brainer.

Tim

jackary
01-21-2009, 06:04 AM
Seventeen streets later it stuck me that I never had the magic anyway at any age.

Happy Birthday John. I think you do have that magic.

lazlo
01-21-2009, 08:08 AM

John, in honor of your birthday, I'll make you a nice walker out of aluminum tubing -- what's your size? :D

John Stevenson
01-21-2009, 08:13 AM
John, in honor of your birthday, I'll make you a nice walker out of aluminum tubing -- what's your size? :D

DON'T PUT CASTORS ON THE DAMN THING !!!!!!!!!!!

lazlo
01-21-2009, 08:33 AM
DON'T PUT CASTORS ON THE DAMN THING !!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to add my tweak to Brian's invention to the horizontal bracing -- should make it very convenient for you :)

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=32756

Alistair Hosie
01-21-2009, 09:03 AM
So you'r only sixty one you told me you were two days older than Santa klaus spelled the german way just like your name JOHAN er I mean Your ludship well done on reaching the big six one did the queen send you a card yet.:D ALISTAIR Hows your relatives big willy and wee fanny these days?

John Stevenson
01-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Alistair, you memory is going, it's little willy and big fanny........

Alistair Hosie
01-21-2009, 10:30 AM
Sorry John I Slipped Out Errr I Mean Slipped Up On That One:D Alistair

Peter.
01-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Happy birthday Big John :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=G9vuVl0ebpM

Peter.
01-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Not quite the 'end of the line' yet though eh John :D

SDL
01-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Not quite the 'end of the line' yet though eh John :D
But he has dropped the virgins in the last week!!!!!:D

Steve Larner

lynnl
01-21-2009, 02:11 PM
Yeah, me too... Happy birthday Sir John!

For my money you're the main attraction here.
...any man whose shop is nearly as messy as mine can't be all bad. :D

Here's wishing you many more!!

Lynn

S_J_H
01-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Happy Birthday John!
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n48/S_J_H/misc/bdaycard.jpg

thistle
01-21-2009, 02:32 PM
The only fitting thing for the occasion I am afraid.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b07_1231619532&p=1

Walter
01-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Happy Birthday John.

Alistair Hosie
01-21-2009, 04:35 PM
S J H You will be astonished to learn that your post is a true likeness of the old codger (I say ole because I am only 57) :D he has never posted his picture here how did you get a snapshot of him getting up in the morning:DAlistair

Dawai
01-21-2009, 04:43 PM
I am amazed? John S had a mommy and a birthday.. He was born?
Was that before or after the great Flood?

Was a dinosaur egg involved?

Something about him building ink mixers for the Assyrians, Egyptians and the pyramids? Wasn't that in the garden of eden?

Charles Ping
01-21-2009, 05:09 PM

Get one - if only to savour the words on it telling you that it's given to you on the instructions of, and paid for by, HM Goverment. Not many times that you can get anything out of them for nothing.

Anyway make the most of 61. My father has just made his "grand exit" at the age of 71 and it doesn't seem yesterday that he was younger than I am now.
Tempus fugit.