PDA

View Full Version : Some MORE low grade shop projects -- part 2

Bill Pace
01-23-2009, 09:39 AM
Alans really great post on showing off all these great gizmos/gadgets/etc has gotta be one of the better ones to come around in a while....

It was beginning to run sooo long with so many pics that I thought I'd add a part 2.

Err,Ummm Mr Buliss are you following this?? Hint-hint.....

Heres one of mine .. after AGAIN being unable to find the $#@* wrench to loosen the compound I decided to do sumpthin about it and turned up these 2 solutions, -- no wrench to either loosen the tool holder OR the compound.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b301/pace1980/IMG_0654.jpg

JBL37
01-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Bill: Great idea! Do you have sufficient leverage to secure the compound rest? JIm

Bill Pace
01-23-2009, 11:02 AM
No problem whatever with holding the compound. I did this some months back and have used it extensively with no probs. Obviously an easier solution would be to get a couple of those after market plastic 'push to release' handles, but I wanted to make a run at making that type myself. If the compound is pulled back the tool post wont slide out,-- but I keep it forward anyway to keep swarf off the ways. And I had to fiddle with the TP handle to get it where it would 'park' at a point that would be out of the way -- where its at in the pic.

Mark Hockett
01-23-2009, 11:28 AM
Bill,
Great idea on the compound. BTW did you drill and tap your cross slide or did it come that way.