PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Fever Boring bar recall

hssmike
01-23-2009, 11:10 AM
To the people that purchased the 80 diamond (CCMW 2-1.5-1) 3/8 dia. boring bar from us (Arthur R. Warner Co.) at Cabin Fever. Please contact me for replacement.
A small percentage was ground improperly on the top flat. Since this is the surface that actually locates the pocket, it is creating a clearance problem with the insert.
Since I have no way of contacting you, I'm hoping to resolve this sitaution ASAP through the forums.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

Mike Warner
Arthur R Warner Co.
724-539-9229
mike@arwarnerco.com

pcarpenter
01-23-2009, 11:50 AM
I don't have one, but that's good customer service and I will keep your company in mind as a result.

Paul

George Seal
01-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Have been thinking about purchasing a set of turning bits for quite some time

After the previous post I will be getting a set

motomoron
01-23-2009, 05:17 PM
I got my 3/8" boring bar last year, so I'm sure it's fine. The 1/2 turning tools I got 2 years ago are about the best money I've ever spent, and the 3/8" cut-off/grroving/threading set I got this year is terrific.

I highly recommend any products by the A.R. Warner Co.

Exceptional, American made products with great customer service.

pcarpenter
01-23-2009, 05:38 PM
I failed to go to the web site before my last post or I would have recognized the company. For those who may not go there, AR Warner makes (among other things) HSS inserts that fit some of the common insert tool holders. I typically grind my own HSS tool bits, but this is a quick way to use HSS in tooling you may already own. I will probably pick up some inserts some day to try out. You might ask why HSS instead of carbide? HSS often will produce a better finish than carbide. Carbide usually is not ground as sharp (intentionally to prevent breakage), offering a shearing action rather than slicing as with a sharp tool.

Paul

Evan
01-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Yeah, what they said.

When do I get my free gift? :D

Weston Bye
01-23-2009, 06:14 PM
I purchased the 1/4 turning kit at NAMES a couple years ago. A perfect match for use on my Sherline and Atlas 6" lathes. Liked it so well that I called and purchased the 3/8 boring bar.

mbensema
01-23-2009, 07:54 PM
I bought the 3/8" set at the show that included the turning toolholder and was very impressed with Mike. I also met him at IMTS a couple years ago and planned on buying a set, but never got around to it. After using his products, I regret my procrastination. I emailed him this morning after seeing the notice of a possible problem and got a call a couple hours later. He will be sending out a replacement soon. Excellent customer service is an understatement, many companies can take lessons from Mike.

I haven't used the boring bar in question yet, but was very impressed with turning tool I used after getting home from the show and will be buying many more and have my eye on the threading toolholders. I highly recommend his products and as you can see the customer service is second to none.

hssmike
02-05-2009, 07:21 AM
I still have some bars not accounted for. If the one you purchased is OK, please respond anyway. I need to get some sleep. :o
The replacement bars and inserts are coming shortly.
I appreciate all the support I have received over this situation. The response and sales of the newer kits exceeded our expectations. As for the website, the updated version should be completed by 2/15/09.

Thank You again
Mike Warner
Arthur R Warner Co
724-539-9229
www.arwarnerco.co
mike@arwarnerco.com