View Full Version : What is this spring clip/clamp called?

Frank Ford
02-04-2009, 11:34 AM
My pal, Jim, needs some of these things, but doesn't know what they are called to search for them:


02-04-2009, 12:13 PM

Wow, 33 views no replys.

They are not called "clamps"

It is a split spring bushing and/or spacer.

Looking at your photo, tho the intent is applicable, it is open far more than should be provided the correct one of use was installed.

Following is just one type in the following:


This is only one example. Search under the terms I listed and you should find what you are looking for.


02-04-2009, 12:19 PM
i DUNO, 90% of the pics posted here I cannt see. They are just a box with a red x in them. EVANS pics I can see....... I dont know what he is doing that others arent...........

Peter N
02-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Frank, it's a "Spring Steel Compression Ring"
Spotted a tiny picture in one of my old catalogues and looked up the UK website for more info.


Edit: Heres's another (UK) source: http://www.designassemblies.co.uk/product_detail_springsteel_030.htm


02-04-2009, 12:48 PM

Until you get your photo X's figured out,

Click on the links Peter and I provided and it will give you an idea of what the pic is in Frank's post.

Hope it helps.


Frank Ford
02-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Thanks guys - that's just what we needed!

02-04-2009, 02:19 PM
"photobucket.com" and similar hosting websites are bad news for a lot a forums. If you are getting small rectangles with a red X, it means that your corporate network filters out anything graphic that is sourced from a public image storage website like Photobucket.com

If you hover your cursor over the red X and right click, then select "properties" from the menu, it will tell you the source of the graphic that is not showing up. I have the same problem from where my day job is... I have to wait until I get home to see the photos...

Most other forums that I frequent host their own photos just so that this is not a problem for their subscribers.

Frank Ford
02-04-2009, 03:10 PM
For what it may be worth, my photo is hosted by me, on my desk at home on my Mac G5. . .

02-04-2009, 03:55 PM
it is a clamp ring or if made in China is a "cramp ling"

02-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Or on a GM its called a hose clamp:D Seriously though...I do hate the stupid spring type hose clamps.