PDA

View Full Version : MechaniX puzzle

A.K. Boomer
02-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Yesterday I had to blaze off to colo. springs to buy some shoes --- but my car had a small heater core leak and I hate heater core leaks - I dont have the time to fix it and I dont want to fix it as I hate under the dash work, So as much as I hate the stuff I went to an auto parts store to purchase some stop-leak --- I didnt want the gunk that clogs up your radiator and heater core -- I wanted the coagulant --- All the stuff they had seemed to have chunks of stuff but Prestone made this stuff where you couldnt see into the little bottle - I shook it and it "sounded" like coagulant - cool - bought it and put about a third of a bottle in and noticed a tan color with "lumps" Hmmm - its not the prestone stuff Iv used before that was a totally clear fluid with no "lumps",
Ohh well - my radiator is in pretty good shape - its only a third of a bottle and im in a hurry to go get my shoes, besides - im a Zen master mechanic and I can handle anything that comes my way --- all it can really do to me is make the trip a little more interesting:D
So - with a cocky smile on my face i jump in the tercel an off i go, Half way to the springs I notice the temp gauge is reading half way up (normal is 1/3rd) --- Hmmm, what could that be? I check my EGT's and there within normal parameters and also check the mixture potentiometer and its on full lean - yup normal :p
then it hits me --- Damn, its the fuqing crap stop leak, ahh crap --- its plugging my radiator -- im approaching 2/3rds temp, NICE ----- Then as if Jean luke Picard took control I announced outload (and to myself) that I was diverting all auxiliary energies to the heater fan electrical fan device at its maximum amperage consumption position --- further more the recirculating air intake lever was then positioned to fresh air intake to use the cooler ambient air from outside the cars cab ---- then the heater lever was placed on max, Now its a wait and see -- can my little heater core take the extra heat load and mimmick a little radiator enough to cool the engine?

The heater core was throwing off immense amounts of heat -- it did not have any kind of a plug up prob. At first the gauge stabelized -------------- but only for Awhile - the engine temp increased -- the heater core was throwing off incredible heat and was not plugging -- but it was too much for it to get the job done ---- I was between 2/3rds and 3/4 on the temp gauge when I made the decision to "shut er down"

I pulled over to a very discrete "non embarrassing" side of the road that had a small cul-de-sac of some kind -- I popped the hood and took a look -- was the engine hot enough to sizzle spit? --- yup --- were there any signs of lost coolant yet ?-- nope - the aux tank was normal and there wasnt even a drop that came out of the radiator cap or the aux. tank purge vent, was there any way of getting the radiator cap off to take a look? NO way -- the rad hoses felt like they had about 15 psi in them and were rock hard --- I took a look around -- no snow -- no water --- and then I realized I didnt even have one tool with me - not even a screw driver -- nothing, I took a step back and said to myself "I really think you might be screwed this time" and I felt a twinge of defeat setting in -- I remembered my cocky attitude, what an ass ---- I had about about 5 seconds of wallowing in self pity and also an image of somebody else buying my shoes --- then the gears kicked in --- within a half minute I had a game plan -- then -- somewhere between about 5 to 7 minutes I took off with a fully cooled engine and for the most part the engine stayed that way the entire rest of the trip there and back --- The mechanix puzzle is ------------- What did i do?

aboard_epsilon
02-07-2009, 12:43 PM
you probably had an air lock in it, caused by the heater core leak .

takeing it up to temp ...and letting it cool again got rid of it .

all the best.markj

barts
02-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Ok, I'll take a couple of swings at this.

So it's not cooling... could be an electric fan problem. If the switch fails, you can just wire so it's on all the time using a pocket knife, fingernails, etc.

Could also a stuck thermostat... which you might fix by rapping on the housing, squeezing the radiator hoses, etc.. since you're w/o tools.

- Bart

Liger Zero
02-07-2009, 12:50 PM
You took the sheet of cardboard out of in front of the radiator, the one you use to "force" the engine to warm up faster and stay warm on short-hops around the city.

oddball racing
02-07-2009, 01:21 PM
then -- somewhere between about 5 to 7 minutes I took off with a fully cooled engine --- What did i do?

"fully cooled seems to be the kicker here. I think you took the bus that came by:p

plastikosmd
02-07-2009, 01:30 PM
I thought the kicker was "trip there and back" as he is not at home but stuck somewhere, I would have guessed his stop leak worked a bit too well

spope14
02-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Your thermostat kicked in.

A question, was the radiator fan running? I had to jump my fan with a paper clip once to get it going. Did this for years.

However, the thermostat propably kicked in I say sheepishly.

japcas
02-07-2009, 01:31 PM
You took a piss in the radiator and it broke down the stoppage allowing the radiator to start doing it's job again.:D

By the way, what kind of mileage did you finally get out of that car? Haven't heard you say anything about it in a while.

Uncle O
02-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Packed the engine compartment full of snow.

Virgil Johnson
02-07-2009, 02:04 PM
You took a piss in the radiator and it broke down the stoppage allowing the radiator to start doing it's job again.:D

That was my guess also.

quadrod
02-07-2009, 04:43 PM
pulled a couple of plug wires and ran it on two cylinders, let two act as air pumps.

A.K. Boomer
02-07-2009, 04:58 PM
You guys --- this is not one of those try to make you think and then give you some lame answer --- this is real "save your ass" on the side of the highway stuff ---- I edited the original post and cleared some typo's and also added some clearer info. No tricks -- you have all the facts - and the on road diagnoses I went through was right on the money so im not misleading about what caused the problem,
and Im actually being more than honest about the time frame it took to get the car going again as it good have been up to a minute earlier.

Uncle O - I told you there was no snow...

Spope the radiator fan was not running, The fan switch is mounted on the radiator, the radiator was dead cold due to being locked up from the stop leak so the switch was dead cold so the fan was inop. --- but this is irrelevant due to the fact that this was on the highway and I had plenty of cool air flowing past the rad in the first place.

You guys have all the info. I'll check back later:)

apd855
02-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Flipped the temp lever on the dash to the cold side which closes the valve letting the coolant go to the heater core. This makes the water pump push it's flow to the radiator breaking the plug caused by the stop leak.

danlb
02-07-2009, 06:20 PM
It sounds like you might have manually pumped water through the radiator by squeezing the hoses. The water pump is an axial type, not positive displacement, so it does not build up a lot of pressue.

Did that do it?

Dan

A.K. Boomer
02-07-2009, 08:24 PM
quadrod --- its possible that that could have helped but it takes so many BTU's to push a car down the road and that power would then have to come from the remaining two cylinders -- while although the others are gulping in cool air there still compressing it and that creates heat --- Its definitely not my style but im not baggin on it, good thinking

Apd855 - The temp lever was in that position (cool) when the trouble started, so I never would have had the problem to begin with (remember I stated that I moved the heat lever to maximum?) But again good thought

Danlb -- I like it -- but remember - I stated that the hoses were rock hard and that the engine was hot enough to bake a cookie on it! in order to "pump" the hoses I would have to relieve the pressure from the radiator, in doing so I would blow hot coolant all over myself or if I used a big towel or something I would create an instant boil over as the pressure in the radiator is the only thing thats keeping a total boil over from happening --- relieve the pressure and I lose most all my coolant and Like I also stated I did not have any water with me... Im not saying your method wouldnt work -- it just wouldnt work in 5 to 7 minutes, you might have a half hour of waiting on the side of the road for the engine to cool enough to remove the cap. Good thinking though.

aboard_epsilon
02-07-2009, 09:04 PM
if the bonnet was opening .hinged at the front ..then you could leave it slightly open for better cooling .........old triumph stag trick.

you could also spray the radiator with water ...this would for a couple of Min's make it cool better .

you could take the grill off to get more air flow

some cars have full length under-tray ..this could come off .

altering the timing would cool it .

if it has a choke this could be used to en-richen your mixture to cool it .

i don't know what a tersel has under the bonnet

all the best.markj

andy_b
02-07-2009, 09:40 PM
you somehow ran the water pump in reverse to flush the clogs out.

andy b.

ftl
02-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Maybe you let it idle for a few minutes with the heater on full. The heater apparantly had almost enough capacity to keep it cool under highway power. At idle with the hood open it should be able to get the temperature down in five minutes.

That does not explain how you continued, unless it was at a lower speed with a richer mixture and the heater on full. You said it stayed cool "for the most part".

Yankee1
02-07-2009, 11:13 PM
You added oil to the engine. Then removed the field excitation from the alternator and retarded the timing.
Chuck

tony ennis
02-08-2009, 01:07 AM
Without reading any other postings...

You stole someone else's car.

Lurkerjo
02-08-2009, 05:41 AM
The radiator was frozen, you put the hood down and waited for the engine heat to thaw it out, happened to me once.

John Stevenson
02-08-2009, 05:54 AM
OK, I'll play, I.m bored anyway.

It was an air cooled volts waggen ?

Peter N
02-08-2009, 06:58 AM
You got out your tyre pump, connected it to a bleed valve on the (lower) radiator inlet, and reverse pressurised the radiator to pump the blockage through?

Peter

philbur
02-08-2009, 07:42 AM
The radiator/hoses were frozen, you waited for the heat from the engine to thaw it/them out.

How do I know. 15 psi doesn't make hoses rock hard, ice does. No leak from the radiator cap also indicates that the radiator was not at 15 psi. A Tercel radiator cap relieves at less than 15 psi.

Phil:rolleyes:

NiftyNev
02-08-2009, 07:53 AM
Deleted

Nev

A.K. Boomer
02-08-2009, 10:38 AM
The radiator/hoses were frozen, you waited for the heat from the engine to thaw it/them out.

How do I know. 15 psi doesn't make hoses rock hard, ice does. No leak from the radiator cap also indicates that the radiator was not at 15 psi. A Tercel radiator cap relieves at less than 15 psi.

Phil:rolleyes:

There was no tricks like I stated --- I gave you guys every bit of info I had -- if the rad hose was froze you would have known -- it was about a 65 degree day and my car has also made it through the entire winter without freezing and the coolant is approx. 60% to 40% water,
Your right about the cap not holding 15 psi, but I stated "felt like 15 psi as the hoses were rock hard" My cap is .9 atmosphere which falls a little short of 15psi, the hoses were rock hard with that much pressure in them -- believe me.

plastikosmd
02-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Turn the car to (acc), dont start it, turn on your heat to full blast, using the heater core fan to help cool the coolant without the motor running. Get it back down to temp, the addition of an electic fan can make this go faster. You can then work on the clog issue if you wish or get it back home.

Ed Tipton
02-08-2009, 11:00 AM
I'll take a shot at the problem.
After introducing the "stop leak" into the cooling system, the system became blocked, and the circulation of water stopped. While the engine continued to run without the circulating water, both the temperature and the internal pressure of the now super heated water trapped in the engine block continued to rise. The radiator was cold because no water was circulated through it to keep the temp up. The hoses were hard by the combined pressure from the water pump (dead-headed) and the now greater pressure from the super heated water. The heater core was now giving off extreme heat. Although the water was not circulating through it, the HEAT from the overheated engine was constantly being re-supplied to the heater core as long as the engine was running, and the heater blower fan was simply removing the heat being supplied to the heater core.
Key to this problem is the fact that he had NO tools. Without tools of any kind, repair of the radiator was not possible---certainly not in a short time period. I believe the thermostat was stuck in the closed position which prevented the water from circulating. The radiator was never the problem. The radiator was probably the first thing he thought of, since that was where he introduced the "stop leak", but had that been the problem, he could not have "repaired" it in such short order without tools. Also, changing the timing of the engine or even altering the fuel mixture would have required some type of screwdriver or tool. Removing a hose would have required either a screwdriver or pliars which he did not have.
I believe he simply picked up some object...a rock, or stick, or jack handle and gave the thermostat housing a couple of good whacks which caused it to open up and restore the circulation to the cooling system which enabled him to limp home. Removing a couple of the plug wires might have been useful had the thermostat not have opened. How close am I?

A.K. Boomer
02-08-2009, 11:41 AM
QUOTE=danlb]It sounds like you might have manually pumped water through the radiator by squeezing the hoses. The water pump is an axial type, not positive displacement, so it does not build up a lot of pressue.

Did that do it?

Dan[/QUOTE]

"Maybe you let it idle for a few minutes with the heater on full. The heater apparently had almost enough capacity to keep it cool under highway power. At idle with the hood open it should be able to get the temperature down in five minutes.

That does not explain how you continued, unless it was at a lower speed with a richer mixture and the heater on full. You said it stayed cool "for the most part".

Im givin it up to these two reply's above, although even if combined would not give the quick results that my method had - I have to add that I think it would have got the job done in maybe 15 minutes or so,

Danlb, Im sorry I could not give you a total yeah because you did not cover how to get to the hardened hoses for pumping but I did give you a "I like it" response to compensate :p

Ftl your cooling solution would take some time to achieve due to the fact that idling the car still creates enough heat to achieve normal operating temp on cold days let alone a cool one (which is what i described)
So the heater core would have its work cut out for it trying to get rid of all the excess heat while the engine is still idling and creating enough for normal operating temps --- this leaves the excess for the radiator to deal with in which I already described as being "grid locked" due to the stop leak, Still -- I give it up to you because I think with enough time I could have taken it down enough to remove the cap and not have a complete boil over --- my hoses do hold compression even at normal operating temps and I know I would have lost some coolant, but your thinking is to be rewarded, good duty.

Here's what I did, After that Five seconds of wallowing in self pity and then thinking of someone else buying my shoes I had a very primal thing happen -- it was like a reaction youd expect if you walked up to a silverback gorilla and took one of his banana's away from him (except I used my brain):p

I left the hood open, I immediately went back into the car, I turned the ignition on and started the car up for 5 seconds -- this filled the heater core with a new extremely hot charge of coolant -- I then turned the ignition switch off till the motor stalled and then turned the switch back on to engage the electrical current to the heater fan that was still on high and the heater lever still on max heat, I allowed however much time to get the heated coolant in the core all the way cooled (it way have started out at approx. 20 to 25 seconds and then the intervals reduced as I repeated the cycles) --- By using my hand as an air temp gauge I would decide when the coolant was cool enough and then fire the cars engine for about 5 more seconds to re-fill the heater core with hot fluid and ship the new cool charge directly to the engine block -- this was a guarantee as to where it would go due to the radiator being completely plugged --- although I still had the car facing into a mild headwind in case there were a few cores in the rad still open ---- I repeated this cycle at least 8 times and maybe ten -- every time I shipped the new cool charge off I witnessed the temp gauge drop and increment -- The ratio of engine run time and heater core fan run time was what did the trick -- it took the temp down BELOW normal operating temp in not time,
I then went outside to check the rad hoses and they were actually slightly collapsed in some areas - I removed the cap to give the top chamber breathing --- I did indeed pump the hoses Like Dan stated but I'll get more specific --- Even though I may have taken down the engine temp below normal operating temp and therefore was aware that I indeed my have got the thermostat to close I was still aware that this happened very quickly and therefore there could still be much residual heat build up in the engines cast iron block and alloy head that could re-open the thermostat -- so I clamped off the top hose with one hand -- this is important due to this is not only where the thermostat lies --- Its the intake flow to the rad --- and I wanted to go opposite flow to dislodge the particulates --- so with the top hose clamped for good measure -- and the rad cap removed for reverse displacement --- I violently pumped the bottom hose with my other hand -- the effects where immediate as I witnessed little chunks of "stop leak" purge loose and blurble over the caps housing -- i continued to get much out --- they where small enough that they could not get caught in the radiators cores but they "ganged up" on single ports and this is what cause the plug up --- so --- I got my shoes --- and I repeated this procedure at the shoe store after the engine cooled again as it mildly started to happen again -- now it seems as though my water pump has had its way with most of them and broke them down into smaller particulates -- I think this stuff was made for massive fords and chevys and not my little toyota rad:o
Its why Iv always tried to stick with just a coagulant -- I had leaned this lesson decades ago and was in a hurry and didnt verify ---

A quick note to all as I live in a state where I see lots of overheats in the summer months due to the mountains --- If your temp gauge rises dont push it -- pull over immediately and do what I did, DO NOT get out and try to relieve the pressure like I see so many people do --- they think they need to get the cap off for some reason and do it with rags or whatever --- this will ensure that whatever coolant you have left will end up on the ground -- more importantly - it will take away even more thermal mass and give any residual heat build up no place to go and also losing your liquid medium can warp and damage engine parts on the spot even though the temp gauge is well below the hot...

A.K. Boomer
02-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Turn the car to (acc), dont start it, turn on your heat to full blast, using the heater core fan to help cool the coolant without the motor running. Get it back down to temp, the addition of an electic fan can make this go faster. You can then work on the clog issue if you wish or get it back home.

Ahhh my post took too long to write, Kudo's to you, You didnt say cycle it - but I think its what you meant, you have effectively covered half the equation:)

A.K. Boomer
02-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Did I mention the heater core leak is fixed;)

philbur
02-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Wow, 65 degrees in Colorado Springs area on Friday 6th February 2009. Not according to the weather forecast.

Phil

-- it was about a 65 degree day

Carld
02-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Boomer, good idea. Next time use water glass to seal any leaks. There is a trick to using it however. I think some of the block/head porosity stuff uses it.

plastikosmd
02-08-2009, 01:14 PM
fun question, thank you

A.K. Boomer
02-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Wow, 65 degrees in Colorado Springs area on Friday 6th February 2009. Not according to the weather forecast.

Phil

Dude --- your in Norway -- im here, yesterday I looked at the thermometer before i pulled skyline drive on my Mt. bike, it was 60 degree's -- the day before (the day I took the trip) it was even warmer,,, So what are you telling me? was it 70?:cool:
Fact -- Canon city is usually about 5 degree's warmer than the springs and pueblo is usually about 5 degree's warmer than Canon.

Phil -- I dont really have to cover my tracks because i have too poor a memory to be a good lie'r...

Close enough for you? http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KPUB/2009/2/6/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Apparently it was 2 degree's off of a 1930's record for pueblo -- gotta luv that global warming ehhhy Stymie?

Now I really dont know how things work over there (and really dont want to) but my personal "weather history" on this site will prove to you one thing, -- you need to get your act together before you go to call me out on something, double check - triple check it -- then send it off and get a spankin back anyways -- thats how I roll ;>} nuthin but luv AK

And its called a weather history Not forecast.

danlb
02-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Really? I got it? Yeah!

OH. 70% of it? OK.

Do I win a prize? 70% of one?

:)

That is a classic problem. I had to do the same thing myself 30 years ago, but it was a big V8 in a Plymouth Belvedere . I did not get it to cool down before I started pumping the hoses, I used rags from the trunk and paper bags from the roadside as insulators. I really abused that poor car.

Dan

japcas
02-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Boomer, you never did say what the max mileage per gallon you were able to achieve with your experiments. What did you manage to squeeze out of that little toyota?

A.K. Boomer
02-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Sorry - I did read but forgot to comment, the best ever was the 62.5 mpg that I posted , that was driving better then an old grandpa - like an old grandpa with anticipating stops and coasting down hills and such,

Im consistently into the low to mid fifties --- If I stand on it some I dip into the high 40's,, its a great improvement over the stock 33 highway rating - and gas is going back up again.

philbur
02-08-2009, 06:10 PM
You must have forgotten to mention Canon City/Pueblo in your original post. It didn’t occur to me that a Zen master mechanic might drive more than 90 mile round trip to buy a pair of shoes. Most guys I know wouldn’t drive three blocks. I do however know some girls that would drive considerably further. Perhaps it’s was to do with that starship captain persona that takes over when you drive your Tercel, it must induce a desire to just keep on trekking. That propensity for spanking is a bit of worrying trait.;)

You’re right about the research, most embarrassing. I just got a bit bored with the whole thing.:o

Impressive bit of mechanicing though, you are obviously very proud.:D

Phil

Ps: Did you get the shoes you were after, what color were they.:rolleyes:

Dude --- your in Norway -- im here, yesterday I looked at the thermometer before i pulled skyline drive on my Mt. bike, it was 60 degree's -- the day before (the day I took the trip) it was even warmer,,, So what are you telling me? was it 70?:
Fact -- Canon city is usually about 5 degree's warmer than the springs and pueblo is usually about 5 degree's warmer than Canon.

Phil -- I dont really have to cover my tracks because i have too poor a memory to be a good lie'r...

Close enough for you? http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KPUB/2009/2/6/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Apparently it was 2 degree's off of a 1930's record for pueblo -- gotta luv that global warming ehhhy Stymie?

Now I really dont know how things work over there (and really dont want to) but my personal "weather history" on this site will prove to you one thing, -- you need to get your act together before you go to call me out on something, double check - triple check it -- then send it off and get a spankin back anyways -- thats how I roll ;>} nuthin but luv AK

And its called a weather history Not forecast.

A.K. Boomer
02-08-2009, 10:00 PM
You must have forgotten to mention Canon City/Pueblo in your original post. It didnít occur to me that a Zen master mechanic might drive more than 90 mile round trip to buy a pair of shoes. Most guys I know wouldnít drive three blocks. I do however know some girls that would drive considerably further. Perhaps itís was to do with that starship captain persona that takes over when you drive your Tercel, it must induce a desire to just keep on trekking. That propensity for spanking is a bit of worrying trait.

Youíre right about the research, most embarrassing. I just got a bit bored with the whole thing.:o

Impressive bit of mechanicing though, you are obviously very proud.

Phil

Ps: Did you get the shoes you were after, what color were they.

The REI sports store was at the north side of town in the springs -- more like a 110 mile round trip (wrong again):rolleyes:

and I would have driven 200 miles easy for these babies esp. with summer coming up ------- http://www.rei.com/product/781244
They fit me like a glove --- its important when your capable of dragging Norwegians up 15% grades sideways --- wanna do a hike?:D

For the record -- i have both the Zen and the Master mechanic awards sitting on my fireplace bricks - wanna call me out on that one too Philly?

I am good - and in fact im the best I know - but keep in mind I dont get out too often:p

aboard_epsilon
02-09-2009, 09:45 AM
For the record -- i have both the Zen and the Master mechanic awards sitting on my fireplace bricks - wanna call me out on that one too Philly?

yeah ebay sells stuff like that these days ..I don't think we have any titles like that in the UK ..

if a guy had that qualification .first time they made a mistake .........they would had a life time ..of

"here comes the master mechanic snigger snigger" whoops of laughter etc...
they would never live it down ..its the UK's way.

if you came here calling yourself that .........even without making any mistakes ...youd never get away with it .

all the best.markj

A.K. Boomer
02-09-2009, 11:24 AM
I didnt make it up to call myself that -- but I did "proudly" accept the awards.

I hate to admit it and sometimes its hard to accept but I really dont consider myself a good mechanic anymore ----- as far as productive days i dont have the passion for that type of work anymore -- and I also hate to get greasy - Iv had enough.

philbur
02-10-2009, 02:02 PM
The phrase used was "more than 90 mile" which, had you triple checked as per your own recommendation, (2 calculators and a spreadsheet model would have done) you would have discovered that 110 miles is indeed more than 90 miles. :o

Best to leave the complex number theory to the professionals and stick with what you are comfortable.:p

Philly

PS: Should you just happen to have a certificate for number theory on your fireplace bricks I suggest you return it as it was clearly issued in error.;)

PPS: You dudes have some pretty strange sports over there, "dragging Norwegians up 15% grades sideways” doesn’t sound like a lot of fun. Over here we are pretty good at going down steep grades in the snow, We generally find that facing forward is the safest, it’s makes it more difficult for those pesky trees to sneak up on you.:cool:

The REI sports store was at the north side of town in the springs -- more like a 110 mile round trip (wrong again)

and I would have driven 200 miles easy for these babies esp. with summer coming up ------- http://www.rei.com/product/781244
They fit me like a glove --- its important when your capable of dragging Norwegians up 15% grades sideways --- wanna do a hike?

I am good - and in fact im the best I know - but keep in mind I dont get out too often

A.K. Boomer
02-10-2009, 02:59 PM
The phrase used was "more than 90 mile" which, had you triple checked as per your own recommendation, (2 calculators and a spreadsheet model would have done) you would have discovered that 110 miles is indeed more than 90 miles.

Best to leave the complex number theory to the professionals and stick with what you are comfortable.

Philly

PS: Should you just happen to have a certificate for number theory on your fireplace bricks I suggest you return it as it was clearly issued in error.

PPS: You dudes have some pretty strange sports over there, "dragging Norwegians up 15% grades sideways” doesn’t sound like a lot of fun. Over here we are pretty good at going down steep grades in the snow, We generally find that facing forward is the safest, it’s makes it more difficult for those pesky trees to sneak up on you.

Sorry Philly --- I was just using my deductive reasoning skills on you (big mistake):p
It goes something like this, if your entire point was to obviously try and act like me driving what I drove was a long distance (if not then why not just say "more than 2 miles" as you would have been correct also) then why would you fall almost 20% short of the mark? Is this common practice for you:D
(something you wanna talk about:o must be frustrating for your wife? boyfriend??)

This coupled with your misdiagnoses in temperature and Wow -- your posts are just plain full of crap, or perhaps youv punted one to many tree's with your forehead?
Yet all the babbleing I did ends up making sense - go figure, Still bored? keep chiming in, This is fun and Iv got plenty more beatings to give:cool:

philbur
02-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Sorry double post

philbur
02-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Now it is getting boring, your not addressing the points been made but just coming up with weak new ones or going back to the start, generally the refuge of somebody who is failing to keep up. It's kinda destroyed the point of the game.:o

I think all these spankins and beatings you've been handed out shows a clear case of self-delusion. Rather delusional than depressed though I guess.:mad:

I'm off to find another game to play. I might even try getting out a bit. :rolleyes:

Anyway, my last word on the matter.
Phil

PS: My boyfriend wants to know why your dragged him it to this, and please can he have a spankin too.

Sorry Philly --- I was just using my deductive reasoning skills on you (big mistake)
It goes something like this, if your entire point was to obviously try and act like me driving what I drove was a long distance (if not then why not just say "more than 2 miles" as you would have been correct also) then why would you fall almost 20% short of the mark? Is this common practice for you
(something you wanna talk about:o must be frustrating for your wife? boyfriend??)

This coupled with your misdiagnoses in temperature and Wow -- your posts are just plain full of crap, or perhaps youv punted one to many tree's with your forehead?
Yet all the babbleing I did ends up making sense - go figure, Still bored? keep chiming in, This is fun and Iv got plenty more beatings to give

AlanHaisley
02-10-2009, 08:03 PM
They fit me like a glove :p

Personally I look for shoes that fit me like shoes. :)

barts
02-10-2009, 08:24 PM
I think I got pretty close on post #3:

Ok, I'll take a couple of swings at this.

So it's not cooling... could be an electric fan problem. If the switch fails, you can just wire so it's on all the time using a pocket knife, fingernails, etc.

Could also a stuck thermostat... which you might fix by rapping on the housing, squeezing the radiator hoses, etc.. since you're w/o tools.

A.K. Boomer
02-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Personally I look for shoes that fit me like shoes. :)

Well thats where we differ, I look for gloves that fit me like shoes...

A.K. Boomer
02-10-2009, 09:32 PM
I think I got pretty close on post #3:

Would you settle for 25% correct and a bronze star?

You didnt imply that the squeezing of the hoses was to dislodge particulates - you stated to fix a stuck thermostat -- and the squeezing of the hoses was 1/2 the equation -- so 25% and a bronze?

Your not getting a silver star Bart - its not open for discussion.

:p

barts
02-11-2009, 01:05 AM
Would you settle for 25% correct and a bronze star?

You didnt imply that the squeezing of the hoses was to dislodge particulates - you stated to fix a stuck thermostat -- and the squeezing of the hoses was 1/2 the equation -- so 25% and a bronze?

Your not getting a silver star Bart - its not open for discussion.

:p

:D

Besides, how do you know it wasn't a stuck thermostat ;) ?

- Bart