PDA

View Full Version : Is G Ewen still out there?

jfsmith
08-16-2003, 10:38 AM
Hi,
G Ewen send me something in the mail, my emailed bounced, maybe due to the blackout, or something.
I just wanted to thank him for the package and would like to know if there is something I can do for him?

Jerry Smith

G.A. Ewen
08-16-2003, 12:56 PM
Hi Jerry, since the blackout my e-mail hasn't worked. I don't know why the internet works and my e-mail doesn't and I have been unable to contact the server. Was it what you were looking for?

jfsmith
08-16-2003, 03:22 PM
Hi,
I justed to thank you for the square socket is was exactly what I needed for the vice on my mill.
You had a blackout Thursday night and I had a stormed related black out last night. We had water so deep that it covered the streets up to the side walks and heading towards my garage. I didn't have any water in my basement, but it was damp.
Is there anything I can do for you, or anything you need that I might have. I have some mother of pearl that would make nice inlays of things.

Many thanks,

Jerry

G.A. Ewen
08-16-2003, 03:37 PM
My e-mail is working again http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif and one of your messages just came thru so I replied to it.

What is mother of pearl? I have heard the term but I have no idea what it is or where you would use it.

jfsmith
08-16-2003, 06:08 PM
Mother of Pearl is the lining of the oyster, pearls are basically ulcers that form, while the lining of the oyster is Mother of Pearl. It can be very white, can be golden or can be shiny black. I get a lot of the white stuff. The other two are wanted by some customers, but those variety is in short supply.

Jerry