X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • malbenbut
    • Nov 2005

OT Dogs Fouling

Is there any magic mixture spray to deter dogs from crapping where you dont want them to.
    MBB
  • topct
    • Jan 2004

Moth balls.
    Gene

Comment

Small lead pellet, travelling very fast and administered behind the ear!

Comment

• camdigger
        • Jul 2007

Your dog, or someone else's? An older dog or a pup?

My wife trained our yellow Lab to do his business in the tall unmown grass in the shelterbelt or in the open field we own. In 10 years, I don't recall any piles on the lawn.....

The downside is that you really have to watch your step in the hayfield

It's a bit annoying taking him camping too, Sometimes you have to walk a long way to find grass tall enough for him to hide his piles.
        Design to 0.0001", measure to 1/32", cut with an axe, grind to fit

Comment

• mototed
          • Aug 2007

I use a large shovel
          https://

Comment

• mototed
            • Aug 2007

I didn't mean to hit them with the shovel. If it's your dog, you have to walk em a few times to teach where you want them to go. If It's a neighbors dog, scoop it up and give a fling back in their yard . If it's a stray, you just got to catch em in the act and run it off a time or two.
            That last Pic was my dogs (two great danes and a mix) that other people had discarded to the pound and on "death row"
            Unbelievable

Ted

Comment

• Your Old Dog
              • Dec 2004

I'm okay if you tell me where not to go as long as you're decent enough to tell me it's okay to go. I spend considerable time looking for just the absolute perfect place to drop a load and don't want to be given the bums rush at the last minute.
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

• wierdscience
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by mototed
                I use a large shovel
                https://
                Darn,that pic got me all excited over nothing but a wheelbarrow.Thought that was a hit and miss engine hiding behind the dogs
                I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

• tattoomike68

I had too many damn dogs so I know this trick.

let the dogs see you pick it up, tell them "NO!" and then carry the poo to where you want it and let them see you leave it there. Dogs are not dumb, in short order you can have them pooping in the back corner and not in the front yard.

Comment

• speedy
                    • Jul 2004

It is also possible..

..to teach them to retrieve.
                    you must be observant and extremely vigilant. When you catch your favourite friend in the act of dumping, yell out a loud and vigorous "NO!!" .
                    You will be amazed at how these wonderful animals can retract the log back to where it came from.
                    Then lead him/her to a suitable spot to complete the business (not my place). NB, they do not like to be observed too closely.
                    When we walk our dog on the lead, we will not allow him to piss or crap. He has got the message that he must discharge before leaving or "hold it" 'till we get home.
                    Zeus does his stuff in the same spot until the area is saturated then he moves further afield.
                    Last edited by speedy; 02-14-2009, 01:00 AM.
                    Ken.

Comment

• malbenbut
                      • Nov 2005

Quote by Clamdigger
                      [Your dog, or someone else's?]
                      Someone brings their dog down my back street between midnight and 5 am.
                      and they let it foul in front of my garage doors as of now I've been unable to catch them. Believe me these dogs must have arses like elephants and they stink. They pi55 in the corner of the garage door and it seeps into the workshop, this happens two or three times a week. Really any help would be greatly appreciated.
                      MBB

Comment

• bollie7
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by malbenbut
                        Quote by Clamdigger
                        [Your dog, or someone else's?]
                        Someone brings their dog down my back street between midnight and 5 am.
                        and they let it foul in front of my garage doors as of now I've been unable to catch them. Believe me these dogs must have arses like elephants and they stink. They pi55 in the corner of the garage door and it seeps into the workshop, this happens two or three times a week. Really any help would be greatly appreciated.
                        MBB
                        Can you get access to/ borrow etc an electric fence energizer? (cattle type) If so, run a length of wire down the door frame, suitably insulated, where the dog cocks his leg. and hook it up to the energizer. I reckon that part of your problem will be over in no time.
                        I have an electric fence run around the perimeter of my place which is about 2600 square metres. Since I installed it I have had no problems with my two Rottweilers digging their way out under the fence. They wont go near it.
                        One of them decided it would be a good idea to start chewing on my garden hoses. So, after ending up with about 15 really short hoses, I ran a length of wire down the middle of a piece, hooked it up to the fence and left it laying in the yard where I knew it would be irresistible to him. I didn't see him chew it, but it seems that now he has decided that chewing on the hose is a bad idea.

bollie7

Comment

• bollie7
                          • May 2008

[QUOTE=speedy]..You will be amazed at how these wonderful animals can retract the log back to where it came from.
                          [QUOTE]

I was eating some fruit cake when I read that line and I damn near choked I was laughing so hard. Funniest line I have seen for a while.

regards
                          bollie7

Comment

• Your Old Dog
                            • Dec 2004

The only luck I've had with situations like Malbenbuts was to look for a pattern and then hide in the yard and wait for it to happen. I had trouble with teenagers using my backyard as a shortcut from one neighborhood to another. I spent many nights in the backyard with a staff stopping them and making them go back the way they came. Their path went right by my bedroom windows. Nothing will wake you up on a warm summer night like hearing people talking at the head of your bed. I could have grabbed their hair as they walked by.

In your case I'd hide either in a parked car just off my property so as not to scare them away. When the dog $h!ts get out of the car and go over to the owner and point out the crap with your Louisville Slugger and tell him to take it with him and you don't care how he picks it up. You don't have to put up with that crap, get ugly.
                            Last edited by Your Old Dog; 02-14-2009, 06:12 AM.
                            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                            Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

• Circlip
                              • Jun 2008

Print a notice and pin it to the garage door with words to the effect that any offending canines caught will be destroyed and the owners prosecuted. Covers you with the local Plods Malbenbut cos we ALL know what it's like over here when you're trying to protect your own property. If you can catch the owners, it could also be advantageous to have a sign to post on THEIR property inviting dog owners to use them as a "Dumping ground"

Good luck

Regards Ian.
                              You might not like what I say,but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X