PDA

View Full Version : New guy with a question

steveJF
02-18-2009, 07:33 PM
Hello all. As many have said here before, I have kept a eye on what has been going on here for years and have gleaned so much valuable information from all of you. This has been such a great place to learn from others who I seem to have much in common with. I hail from Virginia, am a private pilot, RC'er, woodworker, and home shop machinist. I have a Maximat 10VP with accompaning Milling attatchment and am comtemplating a new Tormach. I do have a question: A few days ago a thread was entered by the owner of a company that sells HSS bits and was recalling some potentially faulty product that had been sold at the Cabin Fever event. The forum's comments were so positive about this company that I wanted to make contact with them and place an order, but when I went back to find the thread a day later it was gone. Would appreciate someone pointing me to where the thread might be and/or providing contact information. Thanks in advance. Best wishes to you all.

Mark Hockett
02-18-2009, 07:43 PM
The company is Arthur R Warner and they have a large variety of HSS insert tooling,
http://www.arwarnerco.com/index.html

steveJF
02-19-2009, 07:39 AM
Thanks so much Mark

rockrat
02-19-2009, 08:05 AM
Hello all. As many have said here before, I have kept a eye on what has been going on here for years and have gleaned so much valuable information from all of you.

Sounds as though you have your info.

So, welcome aboard. Let us know what your current project is.

Cheers
rock~

Circlip
02-19-2009, 08:19 AM
And SteveJF, don't let any mugwumps tell you that the Maxi's aren't one of the best machines EVER produced for HS machining.

Regards Ian.

Tyro 001
02-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Finally, someone who has fewer posts than I do. Welcome aboard; you'll get a lot of help here. It's been a great place for me.