PDA

View Full Version : Miller 210 mods (pics)

wierdscience
02-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Got this Miller 210,good machine,but had a couple faults.One were the plastic lawnmower wheels that come stock.The other was a bottle rack built for one bottle,which is fine until you add a spoolgun and use both frequently.Switching gas back and forth was a PITA and the plastic wheels were about gone,so a buddy and I dreamt this up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/wierdscience/DSCF0007.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/wierdscience/DSCF0006-3.jpg

It's now more stable side to side,always sits solid on three points and no more mucking around with the gas.As a bonus we raised the machine up higher so threading wire is less of a chore.

jacampb2
02-23-2009, 10:55 PM
If I am not mistaken, miller makes dual tank running gear for this machine. I know they make it for the 251. I have no idea of the cost, but it looks like you worked out a pretty good solution. My old '80s dialarc has similar running gear to what you built. It uses dual front casters mounted fairly close together on either side of a "wagon" style handle that you drop down and tow and steer it with. It weighs about 400 lbs though, so maybe that is why they saw the need for the duals up front...

G.A. Ewen
02-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Looks very maneuverable. I know what you mean about changing bottles. I've been swapping one back and forth between my Miller TIG and the Lincoln MIG. Going to get another bottle tomorrow,,,,,,, maybe then I can get some work done. LOL

hardtail
02-24-2009, 01:47 AM
Nice sturdy mod, I've got a trike air compressor that sometimes sees off road duty, great in the shop but a bit tippy in the rough........

motorworks
02-24-2009, 08:35 PM
WS
I have the same machine with dual guns
One Spool and one wire fed from inside.
Dam good machine.
She can weld everything from the crack of dawn to a broken heart!
:)

take care
eddie

wierdscience
02-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the complements guys.

I do like the machine,very capable unit trouble free running for the last 3 or so years.The only fault I had with it was the dinky wheels it came with.

tiptop
03-11-2009, 10:28 PM
wierd,

I am a little late posting on this but just ran across it and in the nick of time to. I am just about to rebuild my cart. I had put it together about 4 years ago and want to add another bottle and welder to it. Thanks wierd for the ideas.

Jay