PDA

View Full Version : solder and flux for ac lines

Roy Andrews
03-04-2009, 10:34 AM
OK had to move my ac unit. had it pumped down and cut the lines now it is time to solder in the new lines. what type solder and flux do you guys recommend. thanks in advance.

Dawai
03-04-2009, 12:09 PM
You know I had to look it up before patching my radiator in my car.. I can't remember now.. Ohh the joys of old age are creeping in.

Old senile biker.. hey babe, who are you? (to wife) can I buy you a beer? Can you see me sitting in the sunshine in a old folks home, fan in front of me blowing my long beard over my shoulder, a nurse making vroom vroom sounds in my ear..

JoeBean
03-04-2009, 02:28 PM
OK had to move my ac unit. had it pumped down and cut the lines now it is time to solder in the new lines. what type solder and flux do you guys recommend. thanks in advance.

Braze with 15% silver solder, no flux. Soft solder is not allowed in most places due to potential leaks.
http://www.e-harris.ru/harris/files/catalogue/754.pdf

Terry

macona
03-04-2009, 03:30 PM
The stuff used is called sil-phos. Its really picky about temperature.

Jim Hubbell
03-09-2009, 02:16 AM
15%silver sil-phos is what we use. Heat evenly and it will suck in completely and seldom leaves pinholes. Who ever pumps the system down will find any leaks. Should hold 300 microns for 15 minutes or so.
Good luck.