PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly RT feedback

hardtail
03-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Looking for feedback on Grizzlys 10" RT, in particular comparison to Phase 2 and Vertex? Owners or showroom impression.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/10-Horizontal-Vertical-Rotary-Table-Yuasa-Type/G9299

dockrat
03-06-2009, 01:53 PM
I have one of those and am quite happy with it. Can you get it with a tailstock??? I had to make a mount to use the tailstock off my lathe with it. I like all the clamping room that a 10" with 6 slots gives you. What size is your table??

hardtail
03-06-2009, 02:01 PM
I have a suitable Ph 2 tailstock now that will work with the 10", just need to get the dividing plates........table is 9x48.

platypus2020
03-06-2009, 08:20 PM
I also have that 10" Grizzly RT, it is very good, the only bad part for me is the weight, its all I can to do is lift it onto the mill table.

jack

lane
03-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Looks like a copy of a Yausa. So I would say it should be good.

Paul Alciatore
03-07-2009, 04:45 AM
I also have that 10" Grizzly RT, it is very good, the only bad part for me is the weight, its all I can to do is lift it onto the mill table.

jack

Ditto, ditto, ditto.

I actually dropped it once. Missed my foot, thank goodness. Don't lift it with oily hands.

BigBoy1
03-07-2009, 06:53 AM

jack

Ditto to above. I have solved the weight problem with a moving cart. Grizzly had a tall cart with a flat top for sale. I drilled and countersunk holes in a piece of 3/4" plywood and bolted it to the top of the cart. Now by lowering the mill table only a few inches below its normal working height, I can slide the RT from the mill bed to the cart top. Then I roll cart back to its storage location.

dockrat
03-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Ditto to above. I have solved the weight problem with a moving cart. Grizzly had a tall cart with a flat top for sale. I drilled and countersunk holes in a piece of 3/4" plywood and bolted it to the top of the cart. Now by lowering the mill table only a few inches below its normal working height, I can slide the RT from the mill bed to the cart top. Then I roll cart back to its storage location.

Ditto here too. I made a rollaway table as a welding table and keep the RT on it when not in use. I then made a 4 part block and tackle system to lift it off and on.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67/Dockrat1/IMGP1215Medium.jpg