• May 2004

Molten Iron Throwing

Check this out

Looks pretty dangerous doesn't it?
  • wierdscience
    • Jan 2003

Cool!

How do you like your steak cooked?

Performance Art. 1600 degree cast iron plates flash cook the steak. The plates set the table on fire. Hand made plates, table, chairs, glasses, forks and kni...
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

• 10KPete
      • Jan 2009

Anything for a giggle I guess.

Yer steak won't get cold on those plates.......

Pete
      1973 SB 10K .
      BenchMaster mill.

Comment

• Your Old Dog
        • Dec 2004

Could you imagine doing that in the US, Canada or the UK? You'd have every Fire Marshal, OSHA Inspector, and Do Gooders from all over trying to "pass a law" or taxing it.
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

• madman
          • Sep 2004

Hm?

Guess they dont have Cable TV or Lots of Beer.

Comment

• Evan
            • May 2003

"Injuries are apparently uncommon..."

Yeah but, when you get that glob sizzling it's way down the front of your pants it really has got to bite.
            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

• lynnl
              • Jan 2002

Maybe that's where some of the castings we see at Harbor Freight originate.
              Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

• Billygoat
                • Feb 2008

I guess they don't have OSHA in China.

The are confusing the word "brave" with the word "stupid".

Comment

• Liger Zero
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by lynnl
                  Maybe that's where some of the castings we see at Harbor Freight originate.
                  No kidding.
                  This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
                  Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
                  Plastic Operators Dot Com

Comment

• PTSideshow
                    • Nov 2005

Well you don't have to travel any farther then Rutland Vermont to see stupid in action.
                    Iron Pour,The Iron Guild, Molten Metal Art Performance, Mac Steel, Rutland VT

And here is thier version of the China event
                    Glen
                    Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
                    I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
                    All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

• oil mac
                      • Jun 2007

One never ceases to be amazed at the stupiidity of the human race, Such antics with such a dangerous medium as molten metal , is taking lunacy beyond the door of the asylum In todays world of more &more restrictions being passed by "jobsworths, politicians, safety freaks etc" It is only a matter of time before someone takes these dangerous activities a stage further, resulting in someone being seriously injured, blinded or God forbid killed!, This will have the effect of our killjoys passing more and more draconian measures, and eventually it will permeate down to the home workshop fraternity, and it will not be long till the plaintif cry of "Desist from your present activity" will echo in the doorway of everybodies workshops these guys can find, And people like ourselves will find ourselves in more dangerous environments, such as getting drunk to kill our sorrows, at the loss of our way of life
                      This sort of doomsday scenario, whilst not happening tommorrow, could be round the corner in the western worlds increasingly "big brother " mentality which is growing, Possibly hastened on by these iron art idiots?
                      Some years back, i was to trade a bronze, iron, &steel foundry moulder, Sadly, i, have first hand experience of what molten metal can do to life and limb when this material in its molten state gets the upper hand, it does not take a lot of material, to have serious consequencies, and long term effects.
                      Yes guys, It is not a novelty plaything-- Care & Caution
                      Last edited by oil mac; 03-23-2009, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• EdC
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by rotate
                        Check this out

Looks pretty dangerous doesn't it?
                        He said...
                        "As long as your not afraid to die, it's OK"
                        Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. ..

Comment

• Liger Zero
                          • Apr 2007

Should we merge this with the Bronze/Brass chip thread?
                          This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
                          Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
                          Plastic Operators Dot Com

Comment

People should have no right to tell that Chinese guy that he can't throw molten iron against the wall. If he wants to nominate himself for the Darwin award, let him. I am sick of this Nanny state we all live in. I think it is cool to watch but what a stupid waste of iron, just imagine all the steam locomotive parts you could cast with that iron...

Comment

• tony ennis

I don't have a problem with adults having dangerous fun.

But I'd rather they pour me a new tailstock instead of throwing the iron on the ground.

Comment

Working...
                              X