PDA

View Full Version : OT: New dog addition

ClintonH
03-29-2009, 12:45 PM
We've been thinking about getting a second dog for a bit, I had to work yesterday and my wife was supposed to go "look". Yeah right, we have a new girl. She's already 5 months old, not trained at all but really smart. Here's a few pics of my boy Tucker (he's 10 months) and My new girl Delilah.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3461/3395583464_e3a6905ec3.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3642/3394772725_1dea664679.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3578/3395583674_1f9386479d.jpg?v=0

davidh
03-29-2009, 06:33 PM
well its a proven fact that two are happier than one ( i have a keshound (super smart dog) and a great pyerennese (sp) huge lovihng dog.. both are house dogs.

talk about furr and fuzz ? aarrggggg.

tattoomike68
03-29-2009, 07:36 PM
well its a proven fact that two are happier than one ( i have a keshound (super smart dog) and a great pyerennese (sp) huge lovihng dog.. both are house dogs.

talk about furr and fuzz ? aarrggggg.

great pyerennese are great sheep dogs, big and tough, coyotes wont mess with one unless its a big pack.

Dogs heath and social skills will be better with more than one, too many dogs then you have a pack to deal with.

Here is my brat from last week. My pets are real cool and fun.

http://www.youtube.com/v/agnNre_PNKw

A.K. Boomer
03-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Bostons are allot tougher than they look -- they got that lock-jaw thing like a pit-bull
I had a girlfriend that had one and had to live with that little mutt,(whitney) It was a very friendly dog unless it didnt know you --- we were walking through the alley one day and two dobermans charged this fence with a huge gap and startled us -- Whitney flew through the air and grabbed a doby by the nose and ripped a big piece of it off (it was gawd awful the sounds that poor creature made) --- right after she totally freaked us out cuz she then chewed it up and swallowed it --- tough little biatch -- year later we take whitts to go see her sister who owned a horse -- let the dog out of the car and within seconds we see this boston flopping around side to side as its clinging to the chest of this massive horse thats running like crazy -- that dog had no idea how big other things were and how small it was - one tough little biatch. R.I.P. Witts.

Those two are cuties...

hardtail
03-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Clinton congrats on your new friend........smile

I had to put down our family Great Pyrenese and I can honestly say except for a White Sheppard cross we had prior that was the best dog we had, friendly to the family but did border patrol at night and I live in coyote central......

A.K. Boomer
03-29-2009, 10:17 PM
My condolences Hardtail, Pets arent pets their direct family, My surfin pooch Luka is showing her age - I swear just thinking about it today made me shed a tear, and she could still have a couple three left in her -- I dont know how im going to deal with it... she's been getting lots of extra attention for a year or two now:( Dogs are good people...

gunbuilder
03-29-2009, 10:51 PM
- I swear just thinking about it today made me shed a tear, and she could still have a couple three left in her ...
Me too, Boots is not old but I hope to outlive her (I hope to have 15 years or so until Social Security). If I do it will be a very sad day for me. She is the best dog I have every had. They say you only get 1 or 2 really good dogs in your life.

hardtail, I feel for you you too, and any one who has lost a really good dog.

Thanks,
Paul

Your Old Dog
03-30-2009, 07:23 AM
Clinton, you better hope you can get those two hounds on the same schedule or you'll be at the back door all day long letting them in and out!

I have had labs for over 30 years. All I can tell you guys with old dogs is that when they go, don't wait long before getting another. I find because of our new Lab that I go outside with him when I might not feel like getting off the couch. Off the couch is a good thing. If you're an old duffer don't get a chocolate Lab, it's true what they say about them. They are quite a bit more energetic then the blacks and yellows. Ours is one year old and runs my old arse ragged.

ClintonH
03-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Hardtail, sorry for your lose I know pets(good ones) are hard to loose I've lost a few over the years.

YOD, they seem to go out about the same time right now. The male seems to want to go and do whatever the female is doing, I'm glad they are doing so well together that was my biggest fear.

A.K Boomer, they are bread for hunting/killing rats so some are very vicious. These two are pretty calm and passive, they were the shy small ones nobody wanted cause they didn't get all excited when you came over to the kennel. Worked out well for use, they just love to sit and cuddle with use and eachother.

They are oddballs though the male is a "blue" and the female "liver brindle" so in the eyes of the AKC and CKC they are not true Bostons. I like 'em they are unique. :D