PDA

View Full Version : Metalworking Book

arblacksmith
04-12-2009, 09:59 AM
I received an email advertisement about a Metalworking Book Volume 1, compiled and edited by Joe Rice. Is this book worth the investment?

PTSideshow
04-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Depends on what you want and the type of projects. Since it is published and sold by the company that provides this forum.
https://secure.villagepress.com/store/items/detail/item/862 there are 6 currently out.

They are reprints of some interesting articles from the magazines. I have a number of them don't remember if I have #one or not.
:D

Bill Pace
04-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Well, you definitely need to be a 'metalhead' to like the contents:rolleyes:---
I ordered #3 couple weeks ago and SWMBO asks "whats that?" - I show it to her and she says"Oh" and goes on about her business...

If youre familiar with the mags then youll recognize the types of articles. Divided into sections -- "techniques", "Lathe accesories", "milling acces", shop improvment projects", "hobby projects", etc, etc
I wanted #3 for a particular article from a way back issue and along with it I've already go a couple other ideas.

Try one issue - just pick a # - and try it, I feel sure you can find something to like in one.