PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions, about a surface grinder

Geoff Keyes
04-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Folks,

I lurk here from time to time, but now I need some help. I have a Industrial Abrasives No.3 surface grinder. I just today got a 3 phase converter working in the shop, so now it's time to figure out the surface grinder.

Does anyone have a manual for one of these? I have figured the basic function, which knob makes the table go R/L, which is the In/Out, and which is the Up/Down, but there are a number of controls which I don't understand.

On the bed is a great big magnetic chuck (24 inches). By fiddling about I have been able to get the chuck to grab and release, but right now it's in the release mode and it won't go back, any ideas what I am doing wrong? I'm sure OE is the problem, but I don't know how to proceed.

All help much appreciated,

Geoff,

ABS JS Bladesmith
Neophyte machinist

doctor demo
04-13-2009, 12:13 AM
I don't have a manual for Your mach. but I do have a small Chev. grinder and a B&S 13X36. Is Your chuck manual or electric? Some pics would help with Your questions,as there is a lot of grinder hands here.

Welcome to the Zoo.

Steve

Langanobob
04-13-2009, 01:41 AM
I have a Industrial Abrasives No.3 surface grinder.

Do you mean "Abrasive Machinery Company" No. 3 surface grinder?

Or, did you mean what you said? :)

I have a manual for an Abrasive Machinery Company No.3 if that's what you have, but it has 11 by 17 drawings in it that I can't scan here and will have to pay Kinko's or someplace similar to scan it.