PDA

View Full Version : The Monarch may run yet

tiptop
04-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Hello all,
Well I finally saved up enough and got a VFD and a tool post ordered for my Monarch 16C today. So hopefully by next week or so depending on my energy level I will have it running and post some pics of chips.

Cheers, Jay

lugnut
04-14-2009, 08:50 PM
WOW! Jay that's cool, I think I want to see that lathe run almost as bad as you do.
I was talking to my daughter today, telling her that we was going to try and get your line shaft up and running and she is mailing me a PLS Laser PLS3 Self Leveling Laser Tool which should help us line up all those pesky pulleys and shafts.
Mel

tiptop
04-14-2009, 09:18 PM
Mel,
I am starting to enlist help. I haven't gone formal yet as I don't have a time frame, but figured we could do an Amish style lineshaft raising party and have some fun.
Jay

hardtail
04-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Whats the drive unit on the lineshaft? If I were closer I'd be glad to throw a shoulder under for an afternoon........smile

Can't wait to see the Monarch in action...........drool........LOL

tiptop
04-14-2009, 10:01 PM
When I got most of the shafting it was being powered by about a 1930's or so 3 hp single ph. motor. It seemed to do pretty good running the shop it was in. Course if a guy had the time and inkling some kind of a throttled hit and miss would be pretty neat. I have some checking to do on the Monarch before I get to excited but its good to know that it won't be long now. Thanks for the help on my TP decision, it aught to work fine.
Jay