PDA

View Full Version : Airsoft 6mm barrels, where do I get them?

dharnell
04-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Hi,

Trying to help a neighbour make an 6mm Airsoft rifle. We are trying to source a 6mm bore barrel or liner to use with this project. Anyone have any ideas?

Using the internet all I can find are barrels for use with smokeless powders. Don't need anything that elaborate or strong. The manufacturers of Airsoft use an aluminium smooth bore barrel.

Thanks,

Dave

BillH
04-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Well are the diameters of the bb's 6mm? Or are they slightly undersized? Would a 6mm ID tube work or be too tight? I don't know.

dharnell
04-18-2009, 09:34 AM
Hi Bill,

The BBs are 6mm O.D. I believe. I'll have him bring one over to measure. I tried searching for 6mm I.D. tubing and had no luck. Is it available?

Thanks,

Dave

Bob Ford
04-18-2009, 09:45 AM
You might try aluminum arrows. http://www.eastonarchery.com/
Bob

dharnell
04-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Hi Bob.

As suggested, I sent Easton an email and I believe they have what I'm looking for, aluminun tubing with an ID of 6.08mm. The pellet the Airsoft gun shoots is a 6mm nominal O.D. I measured a few BBs and got an average O.D. of 5.95mm. My son's friend, for whom I'm making the barrel, sent me some links for aftermarket parts for Airsoft BB guns. They sell "high performance" replacement barrels with 6.08mm bores.

Thanks again,

Dave