PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

Steve001627
04-21-2009, 06:49 PM
I hope i am posting close to the place i am supposed to post , But just wanted to say hello to all. Just a little bit about myself. I am a welder of all types for 28 years ...a machinist for 31 years . If I can be of any service or help to anyone here, please feel free to chunk a brick at me to get my attention..Thanks ......Steve

Liger Zero
04-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Welcome to the forum. I'm the resident button-pushing/lever-pulling idiot (turret lathe driver)... the rest of the gang will be along shortly.

Your Old Dog
04-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Welcome to the forum Steve, hope you enjoy yourself as much as I have over the years. We got quite a few Limeys on the board so you'll just have to hack your way through their accent. Not only that but the place is lousy with Canucks. With a spattering of boys from down under we fill the bill when they say, "it takes all kinds" :D

Liger Zero
04-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Welcome to the forum Steve, hope you enjoy yourself as much as I have over the years. We got quite a few Limeys on the board so you'll just have to hack your way through their accent. Not only that but the place is lousy with Canucks. With a spattering of boys from down under we fill the bill when they say, "it takes all kinds" :D

Some of us are even good with a mill or lathe. :D

Steve001627
04-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Well for one thing, I want to say I thank yall for the warm welcome. Now on the other side of the coin, im a redneck here in alabama, so if my southern accent or typing ( LOL ) gets sorta goofy, just throw a brick or rock and wake me up, but don,t throw any pinto beans or corn bread, don,t won,t to waste good food( Ill eat that )..Thanks again all who posted.....Steve

lane
04-21-2009, 08:16 PM
Any body from the deep south is got to be welcome in my book. I`m from Louisiana.

Steve001627
04-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Thank you Lane. Yea im one of those rednecks , people mention every now and then...Appreciate the warm reply..Well time for some corn bread and buttermilk, and a slice of onion...Thanks again buddy.....Steve

Oldbrock
04-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Welcome aboard. Limey in Canukland here, actually born in Wales so I'll go with Brit. Have to have 10 cups of tea a day to retain my accent. Been at the tools over 60 years so a little bit has rubbed off. You will have fun here. Peter. Oh yeah, what the hell are grits?

ticticdoc
04-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Girls Raised In The South Duh.................

doctor demo
04-22-2009, 12:41 AM
Welcome Guys, I thought grits was what you use to soak up the extra lard off the griddle:D

Steve

Frank Ford
04-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Welcome to the sandbox, Steve!

Limeys, Canuks, Aussies, rednecks? Hey, don't forget us old left-coast, left-leaning, tree-hugging, bleeding-heart liberals. . .

Liger Zero
04-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Welcome to the sandbox, Steve!

Limeys, Canuks, Aussies, rednecks? Hey, don't forget us old left-coast, left-leaning, tree-hugging, bleeding-heart liberals. . .

Damn it we let those in we'll be over-run with undead New England right-wing big-business "get a job you bum" conservatives! :eek:

:D