PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Question

madman
04-22-2009, 01:26 PM
UgH well i had a popup come up on my computer to store unused desk top icons. Me being not too bright just figured well the computer cant be wrong so i click on it and wow more room to stick stuff. NOW i am looking for some things and cant find them and remembered doing this store unused icons BUT where did they go ?? I got NO IDEA. Does anyone know? Thanx signed the Computer Idiot (it all started when the Kids said i should become Computer Literate and bought me one)Thanx Guys

laddy
04-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Hey,
I am no computer genius but I think if you want to access the "icons" that support the programs behind them then, go down to the lowewr left hand corner of the screen and hit "START". A window will pop up. at the bottom left corner is a thing that says "all Programs" if you click on that there are all the programs that were loaded on. Good luck Fred

Astronowanabe
04-22-2009, 09:26 PM
UgH well i had a popup come up on my computer to store unused desk top icons. Me being not too bright just figured well the computer cant be wrong so i click on it and wow more room to stick stuff. NOW i am looking for some things and cant find them and remembered doing this store unused icons BUT where did they go ?? I got NO IDEA. Does anyone know? Thanx signed the Computer Idiot (it all started when the Kids said i should become Computer Literate and bought me one)Thanx Guys

it should have created a new folder on your desktop called

"Unused Desktop Shortcuts"

see if what you are looking for is there

madman
04-23-2009, 08:18 AM
I feel like a Knob. Yeah it was ion the desktop .Thanx

Paul Alciatore
04-23-2009, 12:11 PM
I prefer to do that kind of thing manually. Then I know exactly where they have gone to. I have several folders on my desktops for various types of programs. That way you can organize them by function. You can also put frequently used documents or shortcuts to them on the desktop or in these folders.

In my opinion, Microsoft is trying to make computers too "user friendly". Too many things are hidden from the users. If they would just provide decent instructions so the users could learn to do things themselves things would be a lot better.

madman
05-05-2009, 08:22 AM
A computer KNOB.