PDA

View Full Version : aol warning

Alistair Hosie
04-26-2009, 07:05 PM
I have received about four emails from A O L which I use asking for my debit card details to be renewed as my old information was running out of date .Anyway I ignored them as A O L don't normally ask for such information online I got one again today and it said if I didn't renew the information within 24 hours I would be cut off anyway I was about to do it when I thought I'll telephone them first and there I was told to ignore the email as all was ok so please beware kindest regards Alistair

mochinist
04-26-2009, 07:11 PM
do you actually still pay money for AOL?

I was under the impression that they were free now

cuemaker
04-26-2009, 07:14 PM
I was under the impression no one used aol anymore period....

Alistair Hosie
04-26-2009, 07:17 PM
I don't kknow if it's for free but I got a free laptop for taking them out as I was with them I went ahead everyone tells me there crap but I have not had too bad a d eal but then I am no computer geek Alistair ps are they free now? I heard they might be I gotta pay til september before the laptop computer deal is mine and sealed.

oldtiffie
04-26-2009, 07:22 PM
Alistair.

That message, aside from anything else, may be a prompt to check your credit card details as the expiry date on the card may be about to pass.

I had that happen once and it turned out that the expiry date on my card was only two days away before it expired.

It turned out that my bank had posted my card to me some time previously and that I had either mislaid it or had put it in my "deal with it later" pile (same as "mislaid" anyway). So I went looking for it - and sure enough, there it was.

Having your card refused over the net is bad enough, but having it refused by a Trader in person is a lot different!!

ligito
04-26-2009, 09:08 PM
There is so much identity theft going on, that I always call to verify, before responding.

RPease
04-27-2009, 12:17 AM
A friend of mine had his identity stolen a while back. His credit rating was so bad (before the theft) that the stealer almost went broke due to the "up front" charges that the lending institutes were charging to loan him money......... :D

ahidley
04-27-2009, 08:59 AM
LIke OLDTIFFE said. when your card is about to expire AOL will send you an email (its blue, not like any others in your aol inbox) You can verfiy/update your card by going to "keyword" "billing" and up date it there. DO NOT do it through an email link

Alistair Hosie
04-28-2009, 08:52 AM
thanks guys as I said I phoned aol and they verified that I should disregard the email I gave the aol guy the last four numbers on the the card and he said no it's fine ignore card besides which I was told yesterday or the day before I had just twnety four hours to give them new information glad I didn't Alistair