PDA

View Full Version : New member new lathe

lane
05-02-2009, 12:27 AM
I under stand one of our new members James I think. got a new lathe to day . I have not met him yet but Welcome and come to meet us.

tiptop
05-02-2009, 02:19 AM
Well, I agree, Welcome James and when you get a chance show us your lathe. Always nice to see a new member, helps take the heat off me. Cheers, Jay

Bill Pace
05-02-2009, 09:18 AM
Yes indeedy, James (tag line here is "jb-mck) is now the proud owner of a "new" lathe. He came over yesterday morning with truck & trailer and we loaded him out. He sent me an email last nite with this comment:rolleyes:

You missed a big time unloading the thing! I thought I was going to die pissanting the lathe across my garage
I dont doubt it, was a bit of a pill doodling it on the trailer...

As some of you may remember the "Katrina" South Bend rebuild replaced my Birmingham 12x36, and this is the lathe James got. All this came about by him asking for advice about getting a 3in1 on the forum here -- and the resulting discouragement of that! He also chose Enco's version of the RF-45, taking advantage of free frt and a 15% off coupon -- soooo he should be a pretty well set up for a "newbie"

japcas
05-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Welcome James. And thanks to Bill for helping someone get started in the right direction. I'm sure that you'll be very happy with that lathe.

In a world today where everyone is afraid to share their knowledge, it seems to flow freely here on this forum. That's what makes it so useful. Ask a question and you can just about bet that someone here knows how to answer it.

Now, we expect some pictures of projects to come so don't be bashful.

jb-mck
05-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the greetings! I just found this post while researching tips. I must say that I truely appreciate the help and encouragement I have received.

oil mac
05-18-2009, 07:57 AM
Glad you joined the forum James, Looking forward to seeing your lathe,
This forum, is "The best pub with no beer," I have ever found!