PDA

View Full Version : OT Digital Cameras

jr45acp
05-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Some time back there was a fair amount of discussion regarding "adequate" digital cameras. Let me cut to the chase, does anyone have a Canon® PowerShot A470 Digital Camera? If so, feedback would be greatly appreciated!

PTSideshow
05-04-2009, 03:16 PM
I have a fuji finepixF480 2 mega pixels, 4xzoom and it is great for the small easy shots in Home Despot to compare tools or items at home in your leisure. It is about the size of my cell phone. it is easy to carry on you at all times.

If I remember correctly it is in the same general type as the small cannons.

I also have a sony Dsc-F707 cyber-shot with a Zeiss lens 10 zoom 5 mega pixels about the size of an old style 35 mm great camera but not one for those candid products shots.Don't know if the above is any help but there are a lot of low buck camera's out there.

Your Old Dog
05-04-2009, 03:19 PM
If the above answer wasn't the one you were looking for try this one :D

I have a 16X20 view camera that takes fantastic images. It's a little pricey to use for shop use but you can't fault the contact prints !

Mcgyver
05-04-2009, 04:13 PM
YOD, you need a reducer instead of an enlarger.....I've never used a view camera but understand what they can do....one day they'll have a trillion giga pixel sensor it too will be cheap to use......

there's been so many different what camera threads, search and read them all and you'll be no wiser. All I've learned is there are negative and positive opinions for any make/model and really all that matters is how well suited it is for you. Personally, i would not go for one that didn't allow to at least prioritization of either aperture or shutter letting you set the other....and after having a digital SLR i wouldn't go back, at least for shop stuff (I take a lot of shop pics). I have a P&S digital who's small size is handy for the real world.

CLARKMAG
05-04-2009, 08:39 PM
I have a Fuji fineplex A 800 that I carry at all times.

Dunc
05-04-2009, 08:47 PM
www.dpreview.com should have lots of info. Great site. An end-user only. I have no connection to it.

terry_g
05-04-2009, 09:03 PM
http://www.steves-digicams.com/
Has been a great resource for my photo needs.

Terry

BillH
05-04-2009, 09:37 PM
You can't go wrong with a canon powershot. For myself, I want the Canon 5d Mark II. I like big sensors.

gregl
05-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Although I do not have one, something I do NOT see on that model is an optical viewfinder. You will discover that many of the LCD screens are difficult to see if the sun is shining on them. And details such as facial expressions in medium and long shots can be hard to discern on an LCD screen.

While I do use the LCD screen frequently, I have an old Coolpix with a viewfinder and find that quite valuable at times. I strongly recommend a camera with some sort of optical viewfinder. Another reason is that the LCD screens are the major power user in the camera, and you will get much more mileage out of the battery by using an optical viewfinder and shutting off the screen.

madman
05-05-2009, 08:28 AM
I have a Canon Image Stabilizer(HUH??) AiAf Power Shot A2000IS with ? 10.0 Mega Pixels?? Seems to work ok.

jr45acp
05-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the feed back guys!