PDA

View Full Version : OT--New Star Trek Movie and Beer (if you haven't seen it, spoilers)

Liger Zero
05-09-2009, 11:10 AM
...went to see it with the wife. Apparently they filmed the "Engine Room" scenes at Anheuser-Busch and did computer effects over everything.

At the very end due to various dramatic plot situations and whatnot they eject part of the engine into a black hole... and there is this huge "divide by zero" scale explosion.

Fellow behind me with a UK accent quipped "See that, not even a black hole will drink American Beer!" :D

loose nut
05-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Good flic except for the brewery scenes, cheap ba$&%$# wouldn't shell out for the proper sets or even quick CGI scenes. Good otherwise.

Liger Zero
05-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Agree'd they could have added a bit more with CGI overlays but I'll let it go, next film they can redo the engine room and just claim they didn't have the bulkheads and drop ceiling installed yet.

You know how union contractors are. :D

mochinist
05-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Hey liger you should enjoy this if you havent seen it already
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/trekkies_bash_new_star_trek_film?utm_source=a-section

Liger Zero
05-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Yeah I saw that. :D

GrahamC
05-10-2009, 07:54 PM
I have been a Trekkie for many years but I doubt that I will bother with this one. When they (or anyone) starts hyping and pushing a movie (or a used car) or pile of manure) so much it is either the greatest thing since sliced bread or it stinks. It's up to the buyer to decide which.

cheers, Graham