PDA

View Full Version : Anvil with a handle?

rockrat
06-18-2009, 07:04 AM
Here is a good find! I always wanted an anvil with a handle on it. And it is stuck to the wall. It defies gravity! Wow!

http://columbus.craigslist.org/tls/1226298362.html

I wonder if the guy that owns this is a desk-setter and trying to get rid of a tool that the landscaper left behind. Do you correct him and tell him it is a mattock when you buy it from him? Probably just tick him off.

Ok, back to work.
rock~

JBL37
06-18-2009, 07:34 AM
Just paid ten bucks for replacement handle for a mattock here in NC. He has it priced about right. You are correct in not educating him. His ignorance will keep some one's rice bowl full. Jim

dockrat
06-18-2009, 11:41 AM
looks like someone already corrected him :D

lynnl
06-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Just paid ten bucks for replacement handle for a mattock here in NC. He has it priced about right. .....

Yeah, for the last several years I've noticed the price of replacement handles for just about anything is virtually the same as for a brand new tool.
When you factor in the time and aggravation of the replacement process it's hardly worth it.

ARFF79
06-23-2009, 04:05 AM
While the cost of a replacement handle is close to the cost of a new tool, the satisfaction of fixing something that was lying on the curb on trash day because the owner either did not now how to fix it or is caught in the disposable consumerism trap wins out for me. I have several shovels, rakes and a few axes waiting fo me to fix. Good rainy day task for when there is not enough time to do some other shop work.

tony ennis
06-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Not to mention if you keep a woodpile you can make your own handles. Oak works, if not as well as ash.

And it's an excuse to buy a wood lathe.