PDA

View Full Version : Pinging Torker

Oldbrock
06-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Hey Russ. What's your latest situation? I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering what's happening in Cranbrook. Peter

lazlo
06-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Ditto -- we miss you Russ! :)

madman
06-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Come on up here and teach me how to TIG Weld.

wierdscience
06-22-2009, 09:29 PM
Just wondering the same thing,-where's Russ?

torker
06-23-2009, 01:06 AM
Hey Guys! Thanks!
Real estate prices have tanked here so I'm just runnin the shop and cleaning up the wreckin yard as time permits.
It'd be crazy to sell out now.
Shop is very busy right now. I've had the gurl in a few times and we're goin on a good size field job next week.
Been working the snot out of my ironworker...gawd I love that thing....what a money maker!
I'm still tryin to negotiate my equipment. I'm hoping we can have an amicable deal in the end.
I may have to give some of it up...it's tough. Some of that stuff is like my kids to me. My old Ohio is one.
This yard cleanup is a ton of work...strippin out the sleds etc so they conform to the environmental regulations etc.
The average guy can just throw them in the dump...but I have to jump thru all the commercial hoops...oh well.
I have a very cool story to tell you guys about a huge gasoline explosion I had here a couple months ago...I was in the middle of it!!!
Gotta hit the hay..will tell the story another day!
Hope you are all keepin well!
I miss havin time to write stuff here...:(
Russ

Oldbrock
06-23-2009, 01:31 AM
Thanks for the heads up Russ. We missed you. Still got your hair and eyebrows? Peter

bruto
06-23-2009, 09:34 AM
I have a very cool story to tell you guys about a huge gasoline explosion I had here a couple months ago...I was in the middle of it!!!

When I was going through a divorce, I considered one of those too. :D

Dawai
06-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Yeah, Russ, wish you were here.. Tha Hillbilly is cooking on the grille.. Oak wood smoker..

I cut fresh zucchini out of the garden, some yellow squash, got some vidiallia onions out of the fridge, some green bell peppers.. chicken.. soaked it all in redwine and Lawrys salt-Tony Katcherys creole seasoning.. I am cooking the third and forth Ka-bob now.. trying not to eat the first and seconds..

It's better with friends.. Carrol is bringing home one from work who lives in a million dollar home across the way.. she is a pyschologist and coworker.. I wonder if there is a motive?? (check this nutjob out and all that??) I will be charming and a silver tongued devil.. I done took a shower and spruced up a tad..

I also drank a tall glass of that wine.. whoo wiee..

Dawai
06-24-2009, 08:34 AM
OKAY... the big hootered psychologist had a ball here. (man do them people have problems) She was acting like she had a false "image" she was trying to present.

We ate the Oak grilled shishkabobs, chicken and burnt dogs.. she'd run to the other room to burp.. she kept covering up her bosum with a sweater even thou she wore a low cut blouse..

When the dog lifted her skirt and peeked underneath, I smiled and said "I taught him that" and she giggled for about five minutes.. so I think she was not so uncomfortable she won't come back.

Wish ya'd been here Russ.. ready for a road trip? After Irmeli left me to go back to Finland, it was Porky who got me out of my slump.. I was living in a travel trailer and drinking myself to death. He's a ironworker, we butted heads one night till there was blood on the ceiling. I had to put all his furniture back together the next day with glue and a screw gun.. I have gotten soft I must say since then and that would hurt me bad. I have been with Carrol 10 years now.

torker
06-24-2009, 09:14 AM
David! Sounds like ya'll know how to have a good time down there.
Ya...one of these days I'll be freed up to travel around some.
I might even be moving 1000 miles closer to your place in awhile.
Going to check out a possible future job in Regina Saskatchewan today on the big bird thing with all the fog comin out the tailpipe.
Details at 11 or someday anyway!
Gotto go...need to iron my parachute :D
Russ

Quetico Bob
06-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Saskatchewan, just a stones throw away from were the real fish are. Would include a new pic but donít think you need any salt right now. Will wait till youíre really busy. Doors always open for you buddy.
Cheers, Bob

Dawai
06-25-2009, 08:56 AM
Hey, did ya'll know Russ and I went to different schools together? Not all them lessons have been fun.

Come to think of it? My buddy from California, land of nuts, fruits and flakes went to the same school too.

Our silly dog reminded me he is a pitt bulldog.. he was drinking my cereal-milk.. and the ancient cat decided to nuzzle him out of the bowl.. I thought the cat was dead meat. He did have milk on his forehead but no broken bones. I guess with his gentle nature I took him for granted too and forgot his lineage. He is a 100lb animal. When you feed him bones, the cracking sounds is a clear reminder. The housecat must have missed that class.

These are my closest friends and I hate it when there is family troubles. Remembering my other dogs and how they killed cats in seconds, it could have been much worse. I could be scraping and repainting today.