PDA

View Full Version : QCTP Originator?

Boucher
07-09-2009, 12:35 AM
I was under the impression that Dorian was the original inventor/patten holder for the Quick Change Tool Post. I have seen some references that indicate that Aloris was the originator. Does anyone know this history. How did the KDK relate to this. What happened to it?

Frank Ford
07-09-2009, 03:12 AM
Hmm, I always assumed Aloris was there first. It's the reverse spelling of its inventor, Mr. Sirola.

JCHannum
07-09-2009, 06:50 AM
Aloris introduced their QCTP in the late 40's, and claim to be the first QCTP. There were probably shop versions made prior to them and the four way has been around longer than that, but they were probably the first commercially successful system.

Dorian was a spin off from Aloris, and KDK came along later with a somewhat different system. I don't know when the Quick and other European posts came into being, they may or may not predate the Aloris.

John Stevenson
07-09-2009, 07:55 AM
I was under the impression that Dorian was the original inventor/patten holder for the Quick Change Tool Post. I have seen some references that indicate that Aloris was the originator. Does anyone know this history.

Probably Al Gore......................

websterz
07-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Probably Al Gore......................

+1 :D

Al invented everything!