PDA

View Full Version : Coolant Disposal

spope14
02-02-2002, 10:22 PM
I am using Mobilmet s112 and Trimsol 300 in some of my machines. My total usage is probably 10-20 gallons after mix yearly. I have been told that I can let it evaporate out and turn in the "sump" for oil recycling, have been told I can take this and flush it down drains with plenty of water (Ihave not done this). I am open for ideas here. Looking to get rid of this right.....

jrehm
02-06-2002, 10:19 AM
Hello,
I live in south carolina and we
have county collection sites that
have recycling centers. all the ones
I have been to have oil collection
tanks I would take your old coolant
there since your talking a small
amount the water wont hurt nothing
I put antifreez in there, Its a kind
of toxic sludge any way. Gettin rid of 55
gal. drums of chips is my problem.
good luck hope i helped john

Thrud
02-07-2002, 01:52 AM
Flushing it down the drain is not the right thing to do, after all that crud will get into the drinking water, next thing you know kids have 3 eyes and flippers for arms...

You could try letting it evaporate then dumping the tramp oil in the recycling tank. I am not sure if it could be disposed of in antifreeze recyclers - you would need to check. Your Local EPA could tell you, but that may open another can 'o worms (what did you do with it before...)

Dave

C. Tate
02-07-2002, 08:48 PM
You can have it picked up by companies who pick up used oil at the service stations they will charge but you need only to pump into a container and call them. You cannot however flush the stuff the tramp oils alone make it hazardous waste. Try dumping at the service station they sell their oils maybe you can dump for free.