PDA

View Full Version : Ring-Lite for machinists

johnnyd
07-21-2009, 06:56 PM
I just recieved my new JTS machinery catalog. On page 914 they show a VISTA brand "Ring-Lite"(tm) for "any machining equipment with a moving or rotating vertical spindle".
Has anyone tried this yet?
I haven't been able to find it on their website or Vista's.
It's priced at $79.95, 12 volt, magnetic mount, led, & resistant to shock & chemicals.

NO I'm not trying to sell them !! I have no affiliation with the company at all.

I just thought others might be interested as well. I have a photo of the ad if someone will post it for me. (send me your "E"dress)

Your Old Dog
07-22-2009, 10:54 AM
John, they ain't ignoring you but this has come up several times recently as guys were making their own. I made one and found the led's were not bright enough for my taste. Try a search on led or ring lights over the past few months.

oldtiffie
07-22-2009, 11:01 AM
I thought that some here had already had that problem solved with the halo they're wearing.

Same with some who have the light shining out of where (I'm told) the sun don't shine.

johnnyd
07-22-2009, 08:18 PM
I have been watching all the threads about making one. Someone had made a comment that would be a good product for someone to put into production. Well.....someone did.
It's made by Vista. Yup!...the same folks who make led rope lights & stuff. At $79.95, it's not too far off the affordability map.
I've opened a photobucket account but I still haven't figured out how to post the picture. I'll try again tomorrow.

"Make Swarf & Prosper".....John

RKW
07-22-2009, 11:38 PM
John,

What do you need help with? Getting the picture to Photobucket, your PM post, or both?

Photobucket:
1. "Upload Files" button adds image to album
2. Once in album hovering over image will show link options
3. Copy the "direct link" to the clipboard for later pasting into message

PM Posting:
1. Use "Insert Image" (sun/mountain button)
2. Past previously copied image link into dialog box.

p.s. I believe it is a known problem that attaching images/URLs in the first post of a new thread does not work so it should work in later postings

johnnyd
07-23-2009, 10:54 AM
http://s1010.photobucket.com/albums/af226/johnnyd1/

Well.....that didn't work.

johnnyd
07-23-2009, 10:57 AM
http://s1010.photobucket.com/albums/af226/johnnyd1/

One more time!

RKW
07-23-2009, 02:34 PM
I think you meant to use this one rather than your whole album:

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af226/johnnyd1/Ring-Lite.jpg

johnnyd
07-23-2009, 04:34 PM
I guess it's harder than I thought to teach new tricks to an old dog!:D

johnnyd
07-29-2009, 10:32 PM
You can also find that ring-lite online on the KBC tools website. It's on page 914.
The interesting thing is.....both companies use the same catalog (and the same prices)
KBC & JTS are from 2 different parts of the country but they must have the same supplier. It appears that KBC is also on the "bay"
Maybe they're relatives:confused:

BigBoy1
07-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Can a website be provided for either or both JTS and KBC? I've never heard of either one. Thanks.

johnnyd
07-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Try www.kbctools.com and www.jtsmach.com (or Google)

RKW
07-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Good luck finding anything using their "search" feature ... Once you use a well designed site like McMaster's site you are spoiled for life!

BigBoy1
07-30-2009, 02:52 PM
You can also find that ring-lite online on the KBC tools website. It's on page 914.
The interesting thing is.....both companies use the same catalog (and the same prices)
KBC & JTS are from 2 different parts of the country but they must have the same supplier. It appears that KBC is also on the "bay"

I called the company and they have dropped the item and no longer have the Ring-Lite in stock. So much for that lead! Thanks.

BigBoy1
07-30-2009, 02:54 PM

I called the company and they have dropped the item and no longer have the Ring-Lite in stock. So much for that lead! Thanks.

Alistair Hosie
07-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Tiffe:D:D:D
I thought that some here had already had that problem solved with the halo they're wearing.

Same with some who have the light shining out of where (I'm told) the sun don't shine.
maybe the sun shining out of their rings would make it a true ring light.Alistair well said tiffe Oh how I did laugh.Alistair