PDA

View Full Version : O.T. another one grid locked Alistair

A.K. Boomer
07-24-2009, 07:41 PM
Hosie,,, I gotta hand it to you, you come off so mild mannered and crap but you really know how to start some $hit!

Your a real corker dude, if ever im out that way I will pm you just to drop by and drink a pint:p

Edit; im sorry but im brutally reminded of a topic not all that long ago --- went something like ------------------------- congratulations america on your new brilliant president!!!!!!!!

Yeah ----- like that's going to go over without a hitch!!!!!!!!

Carld
07-24-2009, 10:48 PM
:D Ain't he sweet:rolleyes: not a evil bone in his body;) and he only posted twice in 6 pages.

tattoomike68
07-24-2009, 10:55 PM
Our president is a Retard Ape. we will be eating our own poop in the next few years to survive.

Liger Zero
07-24-2009, 11:24 PM
Our president is a Retard Ape. we will be eating our own poop in the next few years to survive.

I wouldn't go that far, but the fact he's chasing the "Universal Health-Care" thing while we're pushing double-digit unemployment and its getting worse yet he's hell bent on health care.

Uh, lets stop with the pipe dream and start protecting out jobs and trying to get some serious economic recovery going here...

dp
07-25-2009, 02:11 AM

Are you going to finish that stool?

oldtiffie
07-25-2009, 03:01 AM
This thread which was OK up to/from the the AK Boomer and Carld stage, has gone really OT and has all the ear-marks of another rant that will end up being locked.

If that happens, Alistair will have got two for the price of one - with no additional effort by him at all - and someone else will cop the blame.

And rightly so.

A.K. Boomer
07-25-2009, 06:43 AM

To be fair people were doing that before he even took office,

Im very fortunate -- I have a flush type toilet and don't have the "temptation" hanging around... besides, I have a full basement that I can rip into one of the walls and search for grubs and worms first, also have several pairs of old leather shoes ((soup)) and a plethora of old lead paint chips to get me bye before that ever happens, then of course there's always suicide but not before I throw my neighbors Beagle on the barbie, damn dogs a late night barker anyways ----- incidentally - that last option really hits home in my little town, I knew a kid who did just that to his neighbors dog and got put away for awhile,
Luv thy neighbor ---- luv thy neighbors pets, esp. with some A1 sauce and a side biscuit with slaw.
For the record it was during the clinton admin. and the economy was great, but again, the dog was a barker...

Circlip
07-25-2009, 06:59 AM
On your original point A.K. the word "Catalist" springs to mind.

Your Old Dog
07-25-2009, 08:19 AM
Don't knock Obama or our Obama-nation. At least according to the media he has "gravitas" and Bush didn't :p He can't help it if he can't think presidential without the ever present teleprompter.

Carld
07-25-2009, 08:58 AM
:eek: oh goodness. Well, all I can say is it's going to be an interesting 4 years.

mochinist
07-25-2009, 10:26 AM
Don't knock Obama or our Obama-nation. At least according to the media he has "gravitas" and Bush didn't :p He can't help it if he can't think presidential without the ever present teleprompter.Well to be fair W would have used a teleprompter if he could read and speak at the same time, as it was he had a hard enough time doing the latter.:p

aboard_epsilon
07-25-2009, 10:35 AM
Would have thought Obama (being president) would speak properly as well ..not that i can ..lol

he said "yahwanna" (you want to ) several times in a speech the other day.

if a Brit prime minister started speaking like that ..he wouldn't last long ..

so do they have this tele-prompt with yahwanna wriitten on it ?

all the best.markj

J Tiers
07-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Hey, yah get whatever when you elect politicians.....

We just had a shill for big business, and before that we had a Bubba who was in it for whatever he could get..... before him a fairly decent guy, and a devious delegator.

Before them we had a well-meaning do-gooder who couldn't think evil of anybody...... and before him a decent bumbler, a flat-out crook, a congenital liar, a popular guy who who routinely cheated on his amazing "looker" of a wife, and a boring general.

Of all of them, the most suited to high office may have been the crook. he understood, and was understood by, the crooks in charge of all the other countries. Second was probably the delegator (ONLY for getting the USSR to scare itself to death), and then the liar..... followed by the general.

The rest of them aren't worth much.

The big problem with the crook was that you couldn't be sure he would 'stay bought".

gnm109
07-25-2009, 11:24 AM
Would have thought Obama (being president) would speak properly as well ..not that i can ..lol

he said "yahwanna" (you want to ) several times in a speech the other day.

if a Brit prime minister started speaking like that ..he wouldn't last long ..

so do they have this tele-prompt with yahwanna wriitten on it ?

all the best.markj

He also coined a new word the other day: "stupidly". It means "police department".

lazlo
07-25-2009, 12:01 PM
He can't help it if he can't think presidential without the ever present teleprompter.

Bush had a teleprompter too -- look what good that did him. Republicans are just jealous that we have a President that can speak in complete sentences.

tony ennis
07-25-2009, 12:10 PM
The Democratic party has made having glib and personable candidates a priority ever since JFK. It's all about the marketing. To get elected, it doesn't matter what you say, or what you do - it only matters how good you look.

Willy
07-25-2009, 12:21 PM
A politician...someone who acquires votes from the poor and money from the rich in the guise of protecting one from the other.:rolleyes:

lazlo
07-25-2009, 12:22 PM
He also coined a new word the other day: "stupidly". It means "police department".

Someone reports a possible burglary in a very nice neighborhood. Cambridge police knock on the door, and a black Harvard Professor identifies himself as a legitimate occupant of the premises. Cambridge police don't believe him, Harvard Professor gets angry, and they handcuff an infirmed middle-aged man who needs a cane, in his own home.

That's stupid.

Alistair Hosie
07-25-2009, 01:21 PM
You can't win with you Ak I do genuinely think president Obama is brilliant .Compared with his predecessor how could he be anything else .So I was being genuine.Sory your just another Dubya man who doesn't like him but plenty do and voted for him in big numbers in case you forgot. So wishing the new president who was eagerly and fairly elected well was not a good idea , is what your saying? I should not wish him well.And the thread which was locked yesterday I checked with George bulliss he said he had no problem with it so there and it got locked not by me or because of me but by some over enthusiastic member.It seems you don't like Christians or those who wish to speak out in favour of fair play all round. It coulld be this thread of yours gets locked as you cunningly have started a political thread here and bowed out to leave others to chip in and argue thats after all what your accusing me of.Alistair

Circlip
07-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Where is Stormin Norm when you need a bit of levity??

dp
07-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Someone reports a possible burglary in a very nice neighborhood. Cambridge police knock on the door, and a black Harvard Professor identifies himself as a legitimate occupant of the premises. Cambridge police don't believe him, Harvard Professor gets angry, and they handcuff an infirmed middle-aged man who needs a cane, in his own home.

That's stupid.

If that is what happened that would be stupid. That isn't what happened.

A.K. Boomer
07-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Hold the pull there Mr. Hosie, I was merely commenting of how trouble seems to follow you around even despite your good intentions ------ and where did you come up with me being a "W man" :p that's really laughable.

Don't get your tail feathers all up in a huckle, it was all for fun so don't freak out, the president thing was genuine on your part and if you read my reply's to that thread I was basically backing what you were saying ------ Its just the fact that I don't think "outsiders" realize that when america is about split down the middle and its an up-coming election year (or month - or shortly after) that the topic can barely even be discussed in a civilized manner let alone when somebody throws in a big plug for one candidate, That's pretty much an out and out guarantee that about half the people reading are going to get pissed!

I in no way am trying to get you to change your "tactics"
It is your trademark and optimistic stamp of approval that is actually refreshing and helps make this board what it is,
but at the same time don't go telling falsehoods and make statements that "I don't like christians"
That will get you a severe spanking no matter what "good intentions" you have, where did you come up with that one when I said the girl was wrong for tearing up a book that so many people hold dear?

Do you make it a habit of not reading things through before making a comment like that?

Carld
07-25-2009, 01:54 PM
That is not the way it happened. A neighbor called 911, reported two black men forcing a front door open. Police arrived, saw it may not be a break in, told the prof. they got a call of a break in and asked for ID. Prof went into kitchen to get ID and Sargent followed him. ID was for the College and had no photo. Sargent asked for photo ID and Prof got belligerent. Sargent decided everything was ok but Prof continued to mouth off to Sargent with derogatory statements about the Sargents mother. Sargent told him he would have to arrest him if he did not settle down. He did not settle down, Sargent arrested him. A black officer at the scene and other officers backed the Sargent as to the way it went down.

The arresting officer, a Sargent is the head instructor for the dept. teaching proper way to handle racial events and is highly respected and highly trained in that field.

Obama made rash statements without knowing the truth and is trying to make amends. He called the officer and the Prof and is trying to set up a meeting of the three of them. He admits the Prof got a little over the edge.

This has been blown way out of proportion by radicals on both sides and if you take the time to do an online search of the actual events you will find the truth.

dp
07-25-2009, 01:55 PM
Hold the pull there Mr. Hosie, I was merely commenting of how trouble seems to follow you around even despite your good intentions ------ and where did you come up with me being a "W man" :p that's really laughable.

You set out with the sole intention of ridiculing Alistair and nothing less. That would get you banned from any BBS I run. You need to step away from the keyboard, right after you apologize to Alistair, the group, and the hosts, and go make some swarf and think about why you thought this thread you've started has any value.

A.K. Boomer
07-25-2009, 02:03 PM

That's stupid.

There is two sides of the story as DP is stating -- for one I heard that when the cop asked the professor to go outside the professor stated that he would meet both him and "his momma" out there.... Who knows

At any rate --- This entire incident should have ran its course like its doing with one important element missing --- and that was when Obama was asked about it at a press conference he should have stated simply that he had no comment --------- it was extremely un-brilliant of him to comment on the fact that he didn't have enough information about it to form an opinion and then right after stating that to then form a very strong opinion.

I couldn't believe it when I seen it on the news --- maybe just a rookie mistake, But its a no-win and he don't belong there, The guy is very intelligent and in a way for as much as he rambles on I cant believe he doesn't get himself into much more trouble.

A.K. Boomer
07-25-2009, 02:05 PM
You set out with the sole intention of ridiculing Alistair and nothing less. That would get you banned from any BBS I run. You need to step away from the keyboard, right after you apologize to Alistair, the group, and the hosts, and go make some swarf and think about why you thought this thread you've started has any value.

Your wrong -- I stated that Id like to have a beer with him --- I actually think the guys very funny and has a totally different approach --- don't try and turn this into something it aint DP -- remember that never works out very good in your favor:rolleyes:

dp
07-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Your wrong -- I stated that Id like to have a beer with him --- I actually think the guys very funny and has a totally different approach --- don't try and turn this into something it aint DP -- remember that never works out very good in your favor:rolleyes:

That could have been handled with a PM. There's a reason you didn't choose to use a PM. You wanted an audience.