PDA

View Full Version : 7" grinding disk?

Boucher
08-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Not sure of the spelling but I used to get a 7" grinding disk called BeFlex it had a waffle like puffed up spots. Very fast grinding but also wore fast. The local welding supply does not sell them anymore. Are these still around? What is your favorite grinding disk for the large grinders?

Ken_Shea
08-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Byron,
I like the flap disks for angle grinders, they also make them for bench type grinders, now I am not sure which you are referring to.
May be what the trade name of BeFlex is anyway.

Here is a link to one from Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000R90DX8

Ken.

Boucher
08-04-2009, 01:28 AM
I guess I was having a senior moment. I was inquiring about grinding disks for large 7" right angle welding grinders. I normally use the hard reinforced abrasive disks on the large B & D Wildcat grinder. I use both grinding disks and flap wheels on the smaller 4 1/2" grinders. The smaller grinders are much more managable for me now. There are times like today that I needed to do some heavy work on 3/8 wall 16 inch pipe that the big grinder is the best. Being older, blinder, and shakier when torch cutting something makes for some heavy touch up work.

Ken_Shea
08-04-2009, 01:33 AM
HAHA, yes, I know what you mean, those big HD angle grinders will sure give you a work out.

The link is for 7" angle grinder flap disks.

Ken