PDA

View Full Version : Help with South Bend 9 taper attachment bracket

MichaelP
08-13-2009, 01:44 AM
Have anybody of you ever made or seen drawings of a DIY tie rod bracket for SB9A taper attachement? This is the one that uses babbit for alignment.

Photos and drawings as well as thoughts on the subject will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Mike

kvom
08-13-2009, 09:41 AM
All the brackets I've seen (not specific to SB) clamp to the outer V way and have a through hole to attach the rod. I would think you could just design your own via measuring the lathe.

I made mine for the Monarch 10EE by machining the way clamp, and then marking where the rod touched.

x39
08-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Michael, I have a 9" SB with a taper attachment. Would be happy to snaps some shots of it and e-mail them to you. PM me if you're interested.

MichaelP
08-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Thank you, guys!

X39, I'd really appreciate if you can make a few close-up photos and, maybe, some of the most important measurements, so that a simple DIY bracket could be made based on those. You can certainly send it to me by e-mail, but I guess having this info published here may help someone else too. And thank you again!

x39
08-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Though I've never attempted to post images here before, I'll have a go at it this evening. I've got a few things I have to do first, so it may be a few hours.

Your Old Dog
08-13-2009, 09:30 PM
Here are some taper images i've gleaned off the web over the years.

http://raymondswan.com/shop/images/

you'll just have to rummage through all the images to find what you want.

x39
08-14-2009, 07:42 AM
Haven't forgotten about you. I'm having a hard time with the photbucket thing. Got to the point that my pictures are loaded on their site, but when I right click on my mouse the "paste" option is disabled. Will keep trying, be patient.

Your Old Dog
08-14-2009, 09:30 AM
x39, you mean the "copy" option is a problem right and not the "paste". You can't Paste until you have something to paste and that don't happen until you "copy" something. Hope I'm not to sophomoric here, don't mean to be but I've gotten screwed up on stuff/mistakes as simple as that many times.

x39
08-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Hope I'm not to sophomoric here, don't mean to be but I've gotten screwed up on stuff/mistakes as simple as that many times.
Not at all. When it comes anything other than the most elementary computer operations you can safely work on the asumption that I'm completely gormless. I loaded the images onto photobucket, then went to post a reply here, right clicked my mouse as per the instructions in the photobucket thread, and the "cut, copy, and paste" options are disabled.