PDA

View Full Version : BP mill

Dave Smith
08-21-2009, 08:37 PM
I have a couple of questions first how do lube the ways on the ram can't find it in the manual. second, is there a seal at the bottom of the spindle parts diagram is unclear. mine seems to be leaking more oil than it should. thanks for you help also who should I order parts from?

lakeside53
08-21-2009, 09:33 PM
The ram is oiled with an oil can... once every blue moon.

The spindle is a full loss system - it's supposed to "leak"... unless you have a rare sealed bearing variation used in the woodworking industry.

...And.. it only leaks as much as you put in ;)

Black_Moons
08-22-2009, 12:21 AM
Really? And here I though my spindle leak was just a conviant kurt vise oiling system. (though I hate when its leaked just after a use and leaks 'dark' oil and spits it everywhere within 3' of my mill if I forget to wipe it off)
usally it puddles on my kurt vise 'clean' but if it leaks in operation (or afterwards) its black. Sometimes it seems to not leak at all... Till I turn it on anyway. Keeps the rust off the vise anyway... at least, any additional rust.. *curses self for not properly oiling it while it was stored for a few days in the basement... I think someone sweated on it while it was under cover of a plastic bag and the moisture got traped inside)