PDA

View Full Version : ibewgypsie ?

G.A. Ewen
09-18-2003, 09:29 AM
David, I have been having trouble with me e-mail server, did my address get throught to you?

ibewgypsie
09-20-2003, 10:19 PM
ibewgypsie@hotmail.com is my permenant addy..

I just signed onto a Comcast cable router, charter.net with my cable television, added it , deleted the DSL, deleted the satellite bill, reduced my phone service to the basic. So far it is great.

Anyone who has my old address can dump it.

gamachinist
09-21-2003, 05:29 PM
Well,
That explains why the last few things I've sent have either been returned or gone unchallenged!
Robert.

ibewgypsie
09-22-2003, 10:16 AM
Anyone use the cable television phone service?

I am interested...

Also.. anyone use the deaf services for the telephone?

David

randyc
09-22-2003, 10:34 AM
Ibew:

I've used the deaf telephone service, although it's been a few years. It is surprisingly effective if you don't mind talking to a third party.

I'm not sure if the technique today is the same but the way it used to work was that a typist (very FAST typist) would read messages from the hearing impaired person (who was whacking away at a keyboard) aloud, then quickly type responses from the hearing person.

As I recall, these types of conversation took maybe about twice or three times as long as "normal" conversations but plenty of information could be exchanged effectively.

Randy

gamachinist
09-22-2003, 12:27 PM
I've had a few customers over the years use that service to ask me questions.My expierence was about the same as Randy's and the third party actually seemed to care if they got it right (unlike directory asst.).

I think email has supplanted it mostly unless someone is calling a business that they can't contact through email or IM.

One of my ex gf's had a deaf sister and their family used one about ten years ago too.
Robert.