Warum haben wir hieruber "schulfreunden"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J Tiers
    • Jan 2004

Warum haben wir hieruber "schulfreunden"?

For some reason the adverts seem to have decided I am German, despite my fractured usage and poor vocabulary in that language.

They keep suggesting that I should find my "Schulfreunden" instead of my old school friends.

Anyone else noticed that? Or is it an example of targeted advertising?
    CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
    Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
    Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
    I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
    Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.
  • dockrat
    • Feb 2008

your not the only one. I have been bombarded with that sheiss too
    Ernie (VE7ERN)

May the wind be always at your back

Comment

• lazlo
      • Jun 2006

Well, maybe you have German school friends who are looking for you?
      "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

• J Tiers
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by lazlo
        Well, maybe you have German school friends who are looking for you?
        Very doubtful, as I am actually from an area north of Soviet Georgia, sent here many years ago as a mole for the USSR.

However they forgot I was here, and so I have turned into a normal American.... complete with US school friends, birth certificates, family history, etc..... they were very thorough. I would be found eligible to be president, even.

I have often wondered what happened to the real owner of the birth certificate and name......

However, if you really want to make some serious money, I have this toll bridge that I don't want to own..........
        Last edited by J Tiers; 08-30-2009, 01:12 PM.

I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.

Comment

• J. R. Williams
          • Aug 2003

Bridge

JT
          Could the name of the bridge be Mac Arthur? It is not in use anymore.

JRW

Comment

• J Tiers
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by J. R. Williams
            JT
            Could the name of the bridge be Mac Arthur? It is not in use anymore.

JRW
            Oh, no, use very much all the time. Very many cars every day. Good money, You get price back very soon, maybe only two weeks, then all profit for you!

Comment

• Evan
              • May 2003

I saw that ad too and you aren't helping by using a German title for the thread. Expect to see more. We have been known to use the occasional bit of Die Deutsche Sprache und dafür die Google Maschine hatte unserem Schreiben gesehen.
              Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

• J Tiers
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Evan
                I saw that ad too and you aren't helping by using a German title for the thread. Expect to see more. We have been known to use the occasional bit of Die Deutsche Sprache und dafür die Google Maschine hatte unserem Schreiben gesehen.
                Ja, vielleicht. Das gar nichts macht.
                Last edited by J Tiers; 08-30-2009, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers
                  Ja, vielleicht. Das gar nichts macht.

I' 'Hab alles von meinem Deutsch vergessen.
                  Last edited by Guest; 08-30-2009, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• TGTool
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by gnm109
                    I' 'Hab ealles von meinem Deutsch vergessen.
                    Oui! Moi aussi, tant pis.
                    "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

• OldRedFord
                      • Oct 2008

Erhنlt dieses Mittel wir einen deutschen Selbstabschnitt?

I dont see any adds. Firefox and add block FTW!
                      Tim

Knows a little about many trades.

Comment

I wish people would stop using those computer translation. They are absolutely horrible and completely useless.
                        If you don't believe me, write a sentence or some technical info in German from a book or manual and than feed it into a computer translator. You will be amazed to see what comes out of there.
                        Last edited by Guest; 08-31-2009, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Falcon67
                          • Jul 2009

None of this Matterhorn's to me.
                          Chris
                          Merkel, Tx
                          http://raceabilene.com/kelly/hotrod

Comment

• J Tiers
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by juergenwt
                            I wish people would stop using those computer translation. They are absolutely horrible and completely useless.
                            If you don't believe me, write a sentence or some technical info in German from a book or manual and than feed it into a computer translator. You will be amazed to see what comes out of there.
                            Do not blame the computer. My bad German is purely MY bad German..... I could probably do better with a translator program.... but I do not use them.

I have lost vocabulary over the years through non-use, and having nobody with whom to speak German, or to correct my grammar, word gender, spelling etc. You do not want to know about my pronunciation.

However, my German is simply bad. What would be said by any urban Frenchman about my French would probably etch the screen of the computer...... the nicest term would probably be along the lines of "cretinous barbarian".

Comment

• Circlip
                              • Jun 2008

and so I have turned into a "normal" American....

OK, go for it ??

Regards Ian.
                              You might not like what I say,but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X