X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BudB
    • Mar 2004

ProLight 2500 Mini-CNC

I've got a problem: My employer is ready to pitch a Prolight2500 mini-CNC mill. I can catch it but no room at the inn. If it's really something that's worth it I can rent a storage building until I have room. Maybe I'd be be better off with a standard knee mill. I have no CNC experience and am very comfortable with my South Bend lathe and Atlas shaper. Advise?
    Thanks,
    Bud
    BudB
  • arkiehilbily
    • Oct 2008

Don't know, but there is a users manual available at

and the machines features are on page 19.
    Jim

Comment

• Mark Hockett
      • Apr 2001

The Prolight is a very high quality bench top CNC mill. That machine probably cost around $25K. I would loose the Atlas shaper and replace it with the Prolight.
      Mark Hockett

Comment

• madman
        • Sep 2004

Ill take it

If you dont want it. Thanx Mike Waterloo Ontario

Comment

• macona
          • Aug 2006

We have two of the 1000 Prolight and will be getting two of the 2000 machine. They are OK. Worth it for free, and you could sell it on ebay for a couple K.

Comment

• camdigger
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by BudB
            I've got a problem: My employer is ready to pitch a Prolight2500 mini-CNC mill. I can catch it but no room at the inn. If it's really something that's worth it I can rent a storage building until I have room. Maybe I'd be be better off with a standard knee mill. I have no CNC experience and am very comfortable with my South Bend lathe and Atlas shaper. Advise?
            Thanks,
            Bud
            No room for a free cnc mill? I'd suggest crating up the shaper and setting it outside after giving me about a week's notice... Problem solved. Glad to be of service
            I'd donate some shop space for the free mill too, but the I think the commute to use it would really suck for you (Google maps says it's just a hair over 3000 km or almost 1900 miles)...
            Last edited by camdigger; 08-31-2009, 04:41 PM.
            Design to 0.0001", measure to 1/32", cut with an axe, grind to fit

Comment

• Stepside
              • Mar 2002

If you decide to take the CNC, make sure you get the LMC card that is in the computer as well as the software. Better yet get the computer as well. Both my ProLight mill and my 7 inch shaper are on rolling tables so I wheel them in position for use and wheel them to storage when not using.

Comment

Working...
              X