X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeremy13
    • Apr 2009

Job sight pic.

I had to take a pic of this engineering not a big tractor but still funny.

2X6es
  • Bill736
    • Jan 2008

Folk Fork Lift

Well, actually I did something similar with my front loader, except I used 1 inch diameter round steel bar for the forks , ground to a point on the ends. The forks lasted long enough to help me clear about an acre of junk left behind by the previous owner of my property, including some smashed car bodies. Eventually, they did bend rather badly, but they probably outlasted the 2 x 6s in your photo !

Comment

• Peter.
      • Mar 2008

Timber forks on a loader - I've seen it all now!
      Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
      Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
      Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

• andy_b
        • Aug 2003

maybe he was lifting big bags of cotton?

a friend of mine needed to lift some 16' trusses up to a roof he was putting on. he built a gin pole of sorts to stick out from the bucket of his Kubota loader. he bolted three 10' 2x6s together to make a 6x6 and bolted it to the tractor bucket. it worked fine.

just because that photo looks weird, don't discount the fact that it may have worked perfectly for the intended application.

andy b.
        The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

• The Artful Bodger
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by andy_b
          maybe he was lifting big bags of cotton?

a friend of mine needed to lift some 16' trusses up to a roof he was putting on. he built a gin pole of sorts to stick out from the bucket of his Kubota loader. he bolted three 10' 2x6s together to make a 6x6 and bolted it to the tractor bucket. it worked fine.

just because that photo looks weird, don't discount the fact that it may have worked perfectly for the intended application.

andy b.

I have seen a truck of the tipping kind that carries gravel etc. They had put arms extending forward from the tray then angled in to join in front of the truck and this became their 'yard crane'! Someone had the presence of mind to remove a door so the driver could get in.
          Ashburton, New Zealand

Comment

• rolland
            • Feb 2008

We used to make them out of motorgrader cutting edges just weld two together one on top of each other and clamp them on a loader bucket. Works good and cheap as the cutting edges are normally thrown away.

Comment

Working...
            X