PDA

View Full Version : Torx and Pro Torx

Boucher
10-16-2009, 11:45 PM
I have seen reference to Pro Torx. I think it was on a tool holder. An explanation of the differences would be appreciated.

gb25
10-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Never heard of pro torx. Maybe you're thinking of torx plus (http://www.camcarsolutions.com/torxplus_ds.asp)?

Circlip
10-17-2009, 04:34 AM
Yet another drive form for the screw and bolts manufacturers to bull**** us with the "Virtues" of a better tightening system. They always go through the throws of speed of assembly and how you can stand with your left foot in your right ear and maintain a more positive access to a bolt in an unimaginable location.

Read "We are making ANOTHER set of inserts to complicate the allready full "Bit" section in your toolbox" and once you get the set, the orientals will make an inferior copy of it and call it a "New" drive system.

Regards Ian.

Boucher
10-17-2009, 08:56 AM
It probably was torx plus. The thing on whats left of my mind was, Do these take a different driver? I guess Ian answered that.

Circlip
10-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Sorry George or Neil, either the site is now sensitive to the vernacular or you have had to moderate my comments, - NO problem, point taken thanks for a great site.

Regards Ian.

Circlip
10-17-2009, 11:51 AM
How long before the "Pin" Pro Torx Plus??