PDA

View Full Version : Kent White's torch article...

alanganes
10-17-2009, 06:17 PM
OK, am I missing something? I read Kent White's article in the Sept/Oct HSM, and have been eagerly looking forward to the next installment. Today I get my Nov/Dec issue, tear the bag open and flip to page 48 to read the next one. What do I find? It says it's the "conclusion" and "Part III".

What happened to PART II??!!??

George, are you trying to mess with everyone's head?

:D

Bill Pace
10-17-2009, 06:26 PM
EXACTLY!!! Where indeed is part II!!

This was/is one of the better articles to come by is some time and I sure dont wanna miss any of it.....

Tim Clarke
10-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Well, I think George will be a little red faced, but it's okay as long as he remembers to print part 2 in the next isue! If I was him, I'd blame it on his chief assistant, Craig Foster!!!

But, it is a great article. I need to get one of those fancy lens' he's talking about. I was once a decent oxy/acet welder when I could still see. Like 20 years ago.

TC

rockrat
10-17-2009, 09:40 PM
I didn't read it thinking that when I missed my mailing of the oct/nov HSM that it might have been in there by some strange reason. While waiting for my replacement to be mailed to me, the MW come in the mail and the "conclusion" and part III made me think that it must have been in HSM.

Things happen, life goes on. Just don't leave me hanging on that article! I have been anxious for the follow-ups. Good article so far.

Hang in there George!
rock~

lynnl
10-17-2009, 09:42 PM
If you go back and look at the first article in the JUL/AUG issue, you'll see that it included part II.

I remember we had a discussion back then about this, and the fact there was a misspelling on the front cover. AIRC George at that time mentioned something about the parts I, II, and III being somewhat mixed up.

So I think with this issue we now have the complete story from Mr White. ...and a good one it was/is too.

rockrat
10-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Dog-gone Lynnl, your right. There was a part II in sep/oct. Got all worried for nuthin.

Write another one anyway Kent, this one was well worth the wait.

rock~