PDA

View Full Version : unwanted suntan

darryl
10-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Ok, that title should generate some interest- :) Um, what I want to be able to do is decrease the visual blare from this bright white background on this forum. It's pretty bright coming from my monitor, and while I can reduce the brightness on the monitor, I'd rather be able to put, say, a cream colored background to this page that we're seeing now. Maybe I'm just missing where to make the settings changes, or maybe I can't do it. Is that something I can do here?

Astronowanabe
10-18-2009, 09:03 PM
there is always turning down the brightness on your monitor :D

They use CSS (cascading style sheets), so you should be able to instruct your browser to use your CSS (one you make) instead of the one it comes with.
and make the background have pink poka dots ...

I may have done that once when CSS first came out and never again, so I won'
t be as much help with specifics as someone doing more web programming will be.

dave5605
10-18-2009, 09:38 PM
If you run firefox you can go to tools-->options-->colors and set your background and font color. The only thing is it will be forced across all sites you visit.

ahidley
10-20-2009, 11:30 PM
This is "home shop machinist" Wear your welding hood!!!

darryl
10-21-2009, 01:13 AM
Ha ha- got my glasses on anyway. My luck they probably have 105% transmission. I could always use sunglasses-

I did try the firefox background coloring, but I didn't like that. All I need to do is darken the existing screen a little, and there isn't that feature in the color selection. No big deal, I can live with it.

I've already go the brightness on the monitor turned down- I could turn it down more. This SyncMaster monitor is nice, but so bright.

Evan
10-21-2009, 02:58 AM
What video card are you using?

ahidley
10-21-2009, 10:22 PM
turn a light on behind you

darryl
10-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Evan, this video card is NVIDEA GeForce 7300 GS.

Evan
10-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Darryl,

Open the display properties dialog and select settings>advanced

There should be a tab for Nvidia Geforce 7300. Click that an you will have the options to change your display settings completely independent of the monitor or Windows settings.