PDA

View Full Version : IH Milling machine clone

Nicad
10-18-2009, 09:30 PM
There is a company in Ontario that says that their Milling machine is made in the same factory as the IH Mill and is a clone of it. Does anyone know if the finished quality is similar? The pricing is a few hundred lower and shipping is much easier for me.
https://www.machinetoolswarehouse.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16133&cat=0&page=1&featured

I would like to see it in person, but there is no landed inventory at the moment. Does anyone in Southern Ontario have one of these they could show me, or an IH Mill for that matter.

Thanks, Bob.

Black_Moons
10-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Its a great mill, Apparently he even gets the tables ways ground as an extra step. (Normal IH's just have the Z/Y and bottom of the X way ground)
Id believe it when they say its the same factory. Apparently he can get all stuff IH can too (like the other spindle and such)
Well, EXCEPT, the IH CNC kit, because that IH actualy makes themselfs in the USA (Apparently).

Its a very big, very rigid mill, Maybe even more rigid then a nod/shake Bridgeport, and likey same or more travel (Not counting the ram axis of course)

Easy to take apart (well, get the table/head off) and get down stairs/through doorways etc. The table/head can just BARLY be lifted by 2 very strong people.. the head id recommend 3 however, and the base you can just slide down/up ramps..

madman
10-20-2009, 08:15 PM
I was just at the Toronto Trade show. The machine I think youre talking about is the Novokon. It has some serious nice components, Gecko drives. Service is awesome I have heard from the cnc zone. I am trying to get one but Wifes not to keen on the new cnc since i never got my last cnc mini mill going. LOL I been busy trying to finish my new shop. Need work benches ect shelves. trying to figure out economically priced way to go in that department. Anyhow Later

Nicad
10-20-2009, 09:40 PM
I was just at the trade show today , and while I didn't have time to see everything, I wish i had seen the novokon you mention. Talk about machining eye candy. One thing that was very impressive were the high speed attachments you could put in your milling machine. One spun at 150,000 rpm and was very silent. Amazing. I think I will try to get back there tomorrow.

Nicad
10-20-2009, 09:43 PM
Its a great mill, Apparently he even gets the tables ways ground as an extra step. (Normal IH's just have the Z/Y and bottom of the X way ground)
Id believe it when they say its the same factory. Apparently he can get all stuff IH can too (like the other spindle and such)
Well, EXCEPT, the IH CNC kit, because that IH actualy makes themselfs in the USA (Apparently).

Its a very big, very rigid mill, Maybe even more rigid then a nod/shake Bridgeport, and likey same or more travel (Not counting the ram axis of course)

Easy to take apart (well, get the table/head off) and get down stairs/through doorways etc. The table/head can just BARLY be lifted by 2 very strong people.. the head id recommend 3 however, and the base you can just slide down/up ramps..
Sounds good, I do like the fact that he is thinking of optioning them in many ways. Built in VFD and 3 phase motor, and might be able to get a DRO as well.