PDA

View Full Version : Model engineering show

jdunmyer
10-21-2009, 11:47 AM
This coming weekend, Saturday the 24th, just one day. Zanesville, OH, at the county fairgrounds. See http://deboltmachine.com/_wsn/page13.html for details.

This was a nice little show last year, the first time for this event. They're planning on its becoming an annual deal. I'll have my Olds & Vaughn models there; stop by and say "Hi!" if you can make it.

camdigger
10-22-2009, 11:47 AM
bump

Wish I was closer. Google maps says roughly 35 hoursdriving time... sigh.

Is it still "fall colors" time there or have the leaves dropped?

MAybe I'd be able to locate one o' them cheap and readily available shapers I hear about all the time to drag home....

George Bulliss
10-22-2009, 12:23 PM
I think Iíll put a sticky on this so it doesnít get buried under a pile of drywall.

It looks like a nice show and I hope to make it one of these years. Itís not a 34 hour drive for me, but still would be a long dayís drive.

If anyone does go, make sure to post plenty of pictures when you return.

George

jdunmyer
10-22-2009, 01:42 PM
George,
It's about 9 hours for you. Leave early enough to get to my place by 8:00 AM on Friday and you can ride with us. We're staying at the Super8 motel in Zanesville on Friday night and are going to return Saturday evening. You should be able to make it home by 2:00 AM on Sunday.

George Bulliss
10-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Jim,

Thanks for the offer. I would take you up on it, but have a few other things going on that will keep me in town this weekend; perhaps next year.

Zanesville is also not too far off from our usual path to my wifeís family. With a little effort I may be able to combine the two events. It might help to add a level of excitement to the yearly in-law visit!

George

rockrat
10-23-2009, 09:13 AM
I will be making my best effort to get down there. Things are a bit crazy around the house here but with a little effort I might just make it.

Too bad the weather is a bit dicey, could have rode the motorcycle.

rock~

rockrat
10-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Uploading photos now to
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/katiecat222/events/MEMEE/

Be patient, I have many. I will update info as I go so at first you will just see a mass of photos.

This was a good show. In its second year, it has the drive to be a nice event for the fall. And anyone that went will tell you that the drive down was at the perfect time of the year. All of the trees are turning and the colors of light yellow to a deep red can be seen everywhere.

In addition, I was happy to meet many different folks there today. One in particular was Art Gaier. Art had a very nice assortment of different small machines. They ranged from small (I mean something in the range of a 3x5 index card) lathes that were designed to cut metal to outboard engines and different types of steam equipment. I didnt quite realize how much of his life this consumes until he invited me to look over his photo book.

If you see his layout at Cabin Fever (I think he told me that he would be there), please stop by, say hi from the members of the board and chat a bit.

Cheers
rock~

jdunmyer
10-24-2009, 09:19 PM
It *was* good this year, more exhibitors and more vendors. Best part is that if you're an exhibitor, you have quite a bit of time to chat with others. NAMES, etc. are so big that you're swamped with visitors and you don't get to see or talk with other exhibitors.

Most folks were there on Friday for setup, so we had even more time to chit-chat. I'm already looking forward to next year.

RockRat, you didn't stop by and say "Howdy!", did you?

rockrat
10-24-2009, 10:34 PM
Sorry, I am still trying to find a good combination of having all my thoughts together (being prepared by remembering your post) and keeping all the stuff for the kid together, AND remembering the kid!

I do think that I have a photo of you working on... at-hem... adjusting the Olds. :) This is you is it not?

Click for larger photo.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/katiecat222/events/MEMEE/th_IMG_8208.jpg (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/katiecat222/events/MEMEE/IMG_8208.jpg)

And yes, I should have stopped for a moment. I had one pass though with the little one and then while he was off for a bottle, I ran through with my camera. Art got my attention because my wife had stopped there and that forced me to slow down!

No excuses on my part though, I have to remember my manners. Was the little generator running next to the Olds? I saw the belt laying there but never saw it hooked up.

rock~

Howdy!

jdunmyer
10-24-2009, 11:09 PM
Rock,
Yes, your pic is of me and the Olds.

I didn't have the generator belted up because of having no way of clamping things down. Normally, the engine and generator are bolted to a table, so the engine makes power to light one of those 30-LED flashlights.

Glad you could make it anyway!

<<Jim>>

LES A W HARRIS
10-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Uploading photos now to
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/katiecat222/events/MEMEE/

Be patient, I have many. I will update info as I go so at first you will just see a mass of photos.

This was a good show. In its second year, it has the drive to be a nice event for the fall. And anyone that went will tell you that the drive down was at the perfect time of the year. All of the trees are turning and the colors of light yellow to a deep red can be seen everywhere.

In addition, I was happy to meet many different folks there today. One in particular was Art Gaier. Art had a very nice assortment of different small machines. They ranged from small (I mean something in the range of a 3x5 index card) lathes that were designed to cut metal to outboard engines and different types of steam equipment. I didnt quite realize how much of his life this consumes until he invited me to look over his photo book.

If you see his layout at Cabin Fever (I think he told me that he would be there), please stop by, say hi from the members of the board and chat a bit.

Cheers
rock~

rockrat,
thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

rockrat
10-26-2009, 12:07 PM
rockrat,
thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Not a problem.

And if anyone sees a misnamed photo or a missing name where you know the individual, just drop me a pm with the photo name (starts out img_ you can see this in the album) and I will get it updated.

Cheers!
rock~

George Bulliss
10-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the photos Rockrat.

I donít read the entire board everyday, so if anyone would like a show announcement stuck in the future, just PM me to make sure I wonít miss it.

George