PDA

View Full Version : Snap-on/ck systematics welder help

Rookie machinist
10-30-2009, 05:42 PM
I have a Snap-on YA212 industrial welder that I am having problems with. I seems that it is only putting out half the power it shoud, almost like it is running on 110v instead of 220v. I have checked the power cords and connections up to the machine main breaker and all seem good. I also "wiggle" checked all the connections on the inside of the machine and they appear to be secure. Does anybody have any ideas as to what to check before I bring it in to have it looked at.

wmgeorge
10-30-2009, 10:30 PM
I have a Snap-on YA212 industrial welder that I am having problems with. I seems that it is only putting out half the power it shoud, almost like it is running on 110v instead of 220v. I have checked the power cords and connections up to the machine main breaker and all seem good. I also "wiggle" checked all the connections on the inside of the machine and they appear to be secure. Does anybody have any ideas as to what to check before I bring it in to have it looked at.

Some industrial welders can be 3 phase, IE 3 hot wires and then a case ground? Some can be switched over to single phase, can't tell you how for that you need the wiring diagram. Inside the little door or plate that covers where the wires are hooked up there should be something to help? I did a quick search online, it looks like a standard shop welder, more than likely not 3 phase, but it is Made in Italy for Snap On. Are you sure the Snap On people can't help with the diagram??

macona
10-31-2009, 12:52 AM
I dont think any of the snap-on machines are 3 phase.

First make sure the plug is wired on correctly. I have had machines come into the shop where the plug is wired so that the hot wires are on hot and ground so the machine is only getting 120v.

If you are getting full voltage to the machine check the rectifier diodes. If one is open you could be gettiing low voltage,

Rookie machinist
10-31-2009, 04:52 AM
I checked the plugs wiring all the way into the machine, so that should be good. I am going to pull the covers tomarrow and check all the voltages up to the main contactor. If I can't find anything there I have to have somebody check the eletronics.