PDA

View Full Version : pre-sale heads up

ARFF79
10-03-2003, 02:49 AM
I am finally getting some time to post some things on ebay again.Got to make room for the iron in storage. Mostly small stuff but I will be selling my Clausing verticle mill with tooling(my wife won't let me move it inside to the basement so its got to go) and I also have an old Brownie #2 mill just like the one in a past issue of HMS or was it Projects not sure now, with tooling. There will be some drive train type things as well. I hope to have them up before the end of the month so they can be gone before deer season. Any questions feel free to email ahead of the sale

Thrud
10-03-2003, 09:41 AM
No offense, this is a machining forum, not eBay. If you want to advertise contact Neil for ad space like other venders have to do.

Alistair Hosie
10-03-2003, 11:16 AM
There seems to be a lot of people lately selling or advertising stuff for sale. I too think this is inappropriate for this forum sorry there are plenty of outlets for selling stuff its not the right place after all selling something here could lead to animosity should expectations not be met or turn sour, we don't need that. Alistair

ZINOM
10-03-2003, 11:35 AM
I don't mean to be out of line, but when I read the post, I didn't see anything wrong....I belong to another forum of professionals and when a member is about to sell something on ebay, sometimes he will let folks know ahead of time as some of us never do any shopping on ebay, and also sometimes it's better to keep certain things within the trade.

I see the validity of the other replies, I just wanted to say that it's not always evident to know what the appropriate actions are in a situation such as this.

John

Alistair Hosie
10-03-2003, 12:02 PM
On some forums its accepted but here when you join you are asked not too.we are a tight bunch and don't want any bad feelings should things not turn out as expected when money changes hands this is always a possibility.Unfortunately poor Neil has to step in when we wander astray from the guidlines we signed up to.Please don't put hiom in an embarrasing situation when he has to become involved we should respect the rules on this forum and if we wish to sell do so somewhere else .Alistair

ARFF79
10-03-2003, 12:33 PM
Thrud,

I appologize for the faux paus, and am suitably chastized. I did not think that this post with its vaugness and no pricing and trading name would have been a problem or a violation of forum protocol. It seems to be taking on a life of its own and as such I give the moderator permission to both close and remove it from this site.

Sorry for the inconvenience. It will not happen again.

Roland

ZINOM
10-03-2003, 01:45 PM
I understand now, and appreciate the clarification!

John

Al Messer
10-03-2003, 08:41 PM
Well, If he didn't live so far from me, I would buy the Clausing Mill in a New York minute, and be tickled to death to get the jump on an E-bay listing. Lighten up fellows, he's not on here daily with a different "Going Out of Business" sale.

Alistair Hosie
10-03-2003, 09:33 PM
Al no one is saying he is don't take it so personnaly that is not what is or was implied.It may just be some members are not aware that this is not in keeping with the forum according to the rules as they stand.
Alistair

Thrud
10-04-2003, 06:25 AM
Roland
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate bargains and heads up on deals too. It is just inappropriate on a free BBS with out permission of Neil. They do have the right to charge for advertisingwares or goods & services. I have addressed this in another post.

No offense was meant, nor offered. I was only explaining the situation as I see it. If Neil says otherwise, I will of course abide by his ruling. Overall, we have a wonderful forum here and Village Press is generous enough to supply it free of charge - they are the ones you should go through when offering goods and services for sale.

This is only being fair to our hosts.