PDA

View Full Version : qualters & smith bandsaw

deeman
11-11-2009, 04:22 PM
I bought one of these sometime ago,it is a heavy duty saw and the quality is great....i never see them around and i haven`t found much in the way of info.I was wondering if anyone has used or had them before.

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv71/colchesterlathe/005.jpg

Alistair Hosie
11-11-2009, 04:33 PM
I would love to buy one of their hacksaws I have heard there the rolls royce of hacksaws,so I suppose the bandsaws will be similar.Alistair ps good luck.

Mark McGrath
11-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Try searching for Q&S.They made bandsaws,hacksaws,pillar drills and small radial drills.
Not a product you would buy for heavy production work.
The Rolls Royce of bandsaws is Amada.
Mark.

tattoomike68
11-11-2009, 05:05 PM
that picture dont show much but it likes like a ripper.

does it have the hydrolic indexing shuttle, parts counter,,,,?

I once worked in a shop with a $29,000 band saw, I would weld 100 20 foot 1" steel shafts on the end and it would chunk them up to any size we wanted +/- .005" it would saw thousands of part blanks per day.

Not just any jackass could touch that saw, the old woman that run it would kick your butt if you touched it. :D I was the shops fix it man and all the old gals there loved me, They wanted me to touch everything. :eek:

If it has the hydrolic shuttle and its working for production shop work then its good , that type is sweet.

deeman
11-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Yup Mike...it has electric feed,advance,hydraulic lift,counter...it works real good..i just never seen any around.

John Stevenson
11-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Bought three from the local alloy stockholders when they were refitting with all new machines. Paid 100 for all three and even got them delivered.

Took about two days work to get them all working OK again, limit switches etc and sold them on.
Decided not to keep one because they are just plain production saws and can't mitre cut etc, which is needed for a jobbing shop.

May still have one of the handbooks ?