PDA

View Full Version : (o/t)...meanwhile, on a different forum....

Tobias-B
11-12-2009, 02:24 AM
Never heard of it, so most likely antique or POS Asian thing or clueless...

Cracked me up. I suspect many of you know who typed this.
I guess we all have our prejudices, eh?

t

Dawai
11-12-2009, 06:40 AM
Actually... sounds like a armchair expert to me.

If he has never experienced it, saw it in his readings, it does not exist.

Keeping your eyes open is the key to learning more each day.. and you never really know who will teach you the next thing. reading irrelevant posts, sometimes you glean knowledge you use next week.

If you ever hear me say I know "everything" about anything, I suggest you come roll me in the grass and put me in a straight jacket cause I have went abie-normal.. and insane.

Sometimes arrogance is a terrible thing. I have printouts of a family member on a forum who was not only a armchair expert, but also had "other user names" where he could agree with "himself" in the forum and present a image of great wisdom. I am attempting to gain him some help with his self image and prestige. And arrogance.

Please be respectful of all, and humble.. thou you can disagree, don't flame un necessarily or it may catch your pants on fire too.

a3sigma
11-12-2009, 07:25 AM
Recently ran across the following advice:

"Care deeply about being right, and not at all about having been right."

DC

JCHannum
11-12-2009, 07:48 AM
I got out of the habit of going there when it was having loading problems. I glance at the Gunsmithing forum occasionally, he doesn't participate on that, but skip the rest.

J. Randall
11-12-2009, 11:16 PM
I you don't like it don't read it, but why bring that kind of crap in here and try to start a discussion?
James

dp
11-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Cracked me up. I suspect many of you know who typed this.
I guess we all have our prejudices, eh?

t

Don isn't going to win any Miss Congeniality awards. Don't even think he's working toward it. He's got opinions like everyone else. Anywhere but PM they don't count for much which brings us to the critical point that sets him apart there and that is he owns the BBS. And it's not all that critical - anyone can run a BBS. But - it is his BBS and there he can do and say any damn thing that wanders into his head. I don't care!

Nothing I've ever seen him say compares in absurdity to some of the things some of his moderators say, so he is by that measure rather reserved.

And I think this is a conversation we should be having at PM, not here. We have serious coaxial indicator and H1N1 dragons to slay here and don't need the distractions! :)

doctor demo
11-12-2009, 11:44 PM
And I think this is a conversation we should be having at PM, not here. We have serious coaxial indicator and H1N1 dragons to slay here and don't need the distractions! :)

Why can't we just play nice:) .

Steve

Carld
11-13-2009, 09:34 AM
I haven't been to PM since I told Don to go intercourse himself in a post which he promptly deleted and acted as if nothing had happened. He's a jerk.

Dawai
11-13-2009, 01:04 PM
This is one of them cases where I will bite my tongue and go eat lunch..

Of course, You know, I had a personal failure today.. I was welding by sound, my eyesight is fuzzy today.. welded the vice tongs right to the part.. yep.. beautiful weld.. Had to take a hammer and knock it back and forth till it came loose.

Not the first thing to go wrong today. SO I SURE AIN'T Sticking my nose into this..

Too_Many_Tools
11-13-2009, 01:39 PM
I haven't been to PM since I told Don to go intercourse himself in a post which he promptly deleted and acted as if nothing had happened. He's a jerk.

Anyone who monitors PM knows that Don deletes lots of posts...the ones that do not show him in a positive light.

The value of PM is in the information that other contributors offer.

That information is why Don's behavior is tolerated.

When that information stops being posted, PM will be history.

And Don's cash flow from ads will be lost.

A smart BBS owner treats his posters with politeness and respect since they are a revenue source for him.

Mcgyver
11-13-2009, 01:53 PM
I you don't like it don't read it, but why bring that kind of crap in here and try to start a discussion?
James

Well said