X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Timleech
    • May 2005

Oil filter search?

Does anyone know of a source of info for comparing oil filter elements by dimensions?
    I need several obsolete paper elements, Croslands used to do them but have discontinued (they are obtainable from the engine makers but at a silly price). If I can find something with similar, maybe slightly smaller, dimensions it should be possible to sort out an adaptation.
    The ones I need are 245 x 95 mm overall.

Thanks
    Tim
    Last edited by Timleech; 11-16-2009, 06:23 AM.
  • Willy
    • Oct 2005

Try Ryco's search by dimension page.

Choose Ryco Filters for the best oil filters, air filters, fuel filters and vehicle products. The leading filter experts in Australia and New Zealand.

Of course they will require every critical dimension of the filter, not just height and width.
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

• Timleech
      • May 2005

Originally posted by Willy
      Try Ryco's search by dimension page.

Choose Ryco Filters for the best oil filters, air filters, fuel filters and vehicle products. The leading filter experts in Australia and New Zealand.

Of course they will require every critical dimension of the filter, not just height and width.
      Thanks for that, it's the sort of thing I was looking for. It brings up a Ryco part number (looks as though R408P might do the job), I don't think Ryco are to be found here in the UK so need to find an equivalent to that!

Tim

Comment

• firbikrhd1
        • Mar 2001

NAPA may be able to provide the info you need. They have been able to for me in the past.

Comment

• Carld
          • Aug 2006

I did an extensive search for filter size, threads, Oring area, etc a few years ago and the brand filter sites have the specs on all their filters but you have to search and it takes a while depending on how they have the site set up.
          It's only ink and paper

Comment

• topct
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by firbikrhd1
            NAPA may be able to provide the info you need. They have been able to for me in the past.
            I still see the old catalog racks at the local Napa distribution center here. I used to work for Napa and I recall most all of the manufacturers would list sizes for everything. Rings, bearings, valves, everything listed by size and a part number.

We were able to sell one single piston ring based on size rather than application. Or a bearing that could be bored to a customers specs.
            Gene

Comment

Working...
            X