PDA

View Full Version : The Software guys are at it again#%!*&

Scishopguy
11-18-2009, 08:10 PM
I just read the thread about pictures of your work and was about to put up a couple things that I have been doing lately. I put on the kettle and patiently waited for photobucket to come up and lo and behold, they have updated the operating system and changed all the commands since I was there last.:( Sheesh! Now I have to try and learn how the stupid thing works again. On my dialup connection it takes several minutes to go between screens. The thing I have not figured out yet is how you down load a link to your BBS. They tell you stuff in help that does not exist. Talk about making an old dinosaur want to bitch!!!

Arcane
11-18-2009, 08:21 PM
But Scishopguy!! Its NEW! and IMPROVED!! :D:D:D

Scishopguy
11-19-2009, 12:46 PM
But Scishopguy!! Its NEW! and IMPROVED!! :D:D:D

Yep, that is what they always say just before they screw something up. ;)

Carld
11-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Go to Photobucket and enter name and password. When in your album put the cursor on the photo you select and a drop down will come under the photo, move the cursor down to "direct link". Hold down ctrl key and push C on key board. Then go to the post you want to put the link in and click on an empty area and hold down ctrl key and push V key. The link will be in the post when you hit submit.

Richard86
11-19-2009, 02:21 PM
I would like to know how to put a pic on that is decent size. I put my first on yesterday in the trailer thread. But through photobucket the only way I could figure out was clickable, and then it took you to my photobucket account.

I have also seen them that are clickable and when you click on them it enlarges the picture for better viewing, which I wouldn't mind. But I see no reason to send people to my photobucket account.

I'm sure there is an easy way to do all this, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks for any help.
Rich

PS. Scishopguy I'm not meaning to hijack your thread, if you like I will start a different one.

Scishopguy
11-20-2009, 01:16 PM
I
PS. Scishopguy I'm not meaning to hijack your thread, if you like I will start a different one.

No problem, Rich, Like Red Green always says, "We're all in this together, I'm pullin for ya." ;)

Scishopguy
11-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Go to Photobucket and enter name and password. When in your album put the cursor on the photo you select and a drop down will come under the photo, move the cursor down to "direct link". Hold down ctrl key and push C on key board. Then go to the post you want to put the link in and click on an empty area and hold down ctrl key and push V key. The link will be in the post when you hit submit.

Thanks, Carl, I will give it another try.....I hate computers!!!

Scishopguy
11-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Here is an attempt to post a picture of a project. This is me grinding the compound casting from a Grizzly table saw that a friend bought at a roadside flea market in Arkansas. The previous owner had buggered it up but it cleaned up nicely on the surface grinder.

http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp142/scishopguy/100_4778.jpg

This is the carriage stop I made for my lathe. I had an old B&S micrometer head that I put on this stop.

http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp142/scishopguy/lstop2.jpg

Well, I had to highlight the IMG code with the cursor once I checked the box under the picture but it automatically copied to my clipboard I then just clicked on a blank space in this post and hit Edit, Paste, and the code was transferred. I hope it doesn't change on me again. ;)

v860rich
11-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Here is an attempt to post a picture of a project. This is me grinding the compound casting from a Grizzly table saw that a friend bought at a roadside flea market in Arkansas. The previous owner had buggered it up but it cleaned up nicely on the surface grinder.

http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp142/scishopguy/100_4778.jpg

This is the carriage stop I made for my lathe. I had an old B&S micrometer head that I put on this stop.

http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp142/scishopguy/lstop2.jpg

Well, I had to highlight the IMG code with the cursor once I checked the box under the picture but it automatically copied to my clipboard I then just clicked on a blank space in this post and hit Edit, Paste, and the code was transferred. I hope it doesn't change on me again. ;)

Looks like you nailed it!!!

THANX RICH

People say I'm getting crankier as I get older. That's not it. I just find I enjoy annoying people a lot more now. Especially younger people!!!

rode2rouen
11-20-2009, 09:54 PM
I would like to know how to put a pic on that is decent size.

If you resize the original to 800 X 600 it will show up like Scishopguy's.
I size mine before I upload to Photobucket, but you can click on "edit" above the pic and resize if the pic has already been uploaded.

Rex

Lew Hartswick
11-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Yes PLEASE do re-size to 800 horiz.
Thanks
...lew...

Your Old Dog
11-21-2009, 06:38 AM
If you resize to 800 wide then all the script on the forum can be read without having to use the right and left arrows on your computer. Also, if they aren't too big it's kinder to the poor guys who do not have high-speed connections and are stuck with phone lines.

I use Webshots.com and to copy their pictures I just look to the bottom right of the screen and they list the url in three different sizes. I just high light the one I want, right click and select copy and then carry it over and right click and paste to the forum here. By having the forum open on one side of your monitor and the Webshots.com thing open on the other it makes it very easy.

ulav8r
11-21-2009, 11:27 AM
Besides Resizing, the best way to be kind to dial up users is to not "Quote" all of the text and pictures of a previous post. We don't need to see the same three or four pictures four or five times. It's OK to quote one or two lines of text, but not 30 to 40 like some do.

Spell Checked after posting.

Roy Andrews
11-21-2009, 11:38 AM
scishopguy nice to see another surface grinder lover. i use mine whenever i can.i have always had manuals and a few months ago got a K O Lee automatic and that is just the cats a$$. i even sharpen my lawn mower blades on it. nice book collection also.

Scishopguy
11-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Sorry guys, I had all my pix correctly sized until they changed their software. I will admit that in the excitement of getting the SOB to upload again I forgot to check it.