PDA

View Full Version : Question

Evan
10-16-2003, 06:38 PM
Does anyone have experience dealing with this guy? Also, does anyone have any opinion about the milling attachment kit he offers for the SB9?

http://www.statecollegecentral.com/metallathe/index.html

Oso
10-16-2003, 06:49 PM
I *almost* dealt with him....

He told me that what he had was not quite what I wanted, which I thought was pretty good of him, since it was kind of a fine point that was involved, and he could have just let me deal with it.

Others have said he is top notch and stands behind his products. My experience seems to agree with that.

GRH
10-16-2003, 06:56 PM
Evan
I bought from him #A-11 Atlas cross slide, it arrived about 3 days after I talked to him on phone. I am very satisified and would buy from him again.
Not sure which kit youare referring to.

Regards Graeme

Evan
10-16-2003, 07:05 PM
I'm looking at the "Milling attachment MLA-5" and the "Milling base S-4382A". Anyone built these?

SGW
10-16-2003, 09:55 PM
Andy is a totally fine guy, as are his kits. I don't think you'd be disappointed. I've done his T-slot cross slide, and friends have done others of his kits, all with complete satisfaction.

JCHannum
10-16-2003, 10:54 PM
I have made the cross slide, adapting it to an Atlas lathe. He is an excellent person to deal with, first rate castings.
The milling attachment appears stout enough, and will certainly be stronger than the Palmgren and the original Southbend attachments.
That said, you should quit screwing around and get a mill. There is really no substitute, believe me, I've been there.

roberlt
10-16-2003, 11:14 PM
Purchased a T-slot cross slide casting appx. 5 Years ago. VERY nice. If I need more stuff I will check if he has it first.
Rob

Joel
10-17-2003, 01:28 AM
Close your eyes and imagine yourself standing in front of your new mill, happily making chips... http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif

Evan
10-17-2003, 02:25 AM
Thanks for the input guys. Right now I have much more time than money. I figure I'll build the milling attachment and use that to help build a real mill. Should work, even if I have to farm out a couple of jobs, like say, surface grinding the big table.

BTW, wired up the crossfeed drive and did a few test cuts in aluminum. Sorta looks like a mirror, he he.