PDA

View Full Version : Tool Bit Grinding

daveo
12-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Mrpete222 (http://www.youtube.com/user/mrpete222#p/u/17/hrDr4rYLiAk)

This guy on youtube has made some fairly decent quality videos for beginners, all sorts of stuff, tramming, edge finders, threading, tool bit grinding, and some other stuff.

I personally found some of them very helpful, he seems to cover a lot of questions that are normally asked and debated here.

laddy
12-23-2009, 04:21 PM
I enjoyed the video. Plain and simple!! I have several of his books. Great post. Fred

daveo
12-23-2009, 04:42 PM
He has many videos there, I've watched about every one. I picked up some good info.....

These (http://www.youtube.com/user/mrpete222#p/u) are all of his.

Forrest Addy
12-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Speaking as a teacher and machinist of long experiencce (Huff! Puff! Harumph!) this guy does a good job. His teaching segments are short and full of enough informaton to lead a noob in the right direction without over-informing him (my personal weakness). I ight use a few different wrinkles but the half dozen segments I looked at are informative enough that I would use them in my classes.

Too bad he doesn't do precison scraping. Then I could retire.

daveo
12-23-2009, 08:24 PM
He takes requests, lol..... I got a lot from them especially the threading vids....

bruto
12-25-2009, 09:36 AM
For some reason I got a "bad server request" or some such message when I tried these at home, but I'm visiting on a different network, and my laptop picks it up fine. So far it looks like some interesting stuff, and I look forward to watching a bunch of the videos. Anyway, thanks to daveo for the links.

Big T
12-25-2009, 01:44 PM
Very informative. Thanks for the link.

Will watch alot more of these.

bborr01
12-25-2009, 01:54 PM
Looks like some good stuff there.
However,,,,,,,,,If I were going to post a bunch of videos teaching machining, I'd put some tooling washers on the vise swivel hold down studs.:eek: Slotted holes beg for washers.

Brian

daveo
12-25-2009, 09:22 PM
I thought they would be good for some people!