PDA

View Full Version : 30 Ton Ironworker

Fasttrack
12-24-2009, 04:53 PM
First, I'm not trying to pull one of those sneaky "for sale" ploys ... but ...

My BIL asked if I would list his 110v 30 ton Iron Worker on Craigslist. He wants to sell it and upgrade to a 3 phase unit with quite a bit more tonnage. My question is, what should I list it for? What would you consider a fair price?

Here are the stats:

"Iron Crafter"
Springwater Div. Honeoye Ind. N.Y.

Model 30/30

Punch 30 ton
Stroke 2"
1" hole thru 3/8" MS

Shear 30 ton

Flat 1/2 x 6
Angle 3x3x1/4
Mitre 2x2x1/4
round 1"
Sq. 3/4

Based on 50,000# shear strenght mid steel

and it is located in the Midwest, a little ways from St. Louis - not exactly a "machine tool desert" but not quite as many popping up for sale as I see on the East Coast.

It is in good working order and have never had any problems with it. I don't think my BIL will be including any of the punches with it, but I could be wrong.

So ... what's the verdict?

Tinkerer
12-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Well send it to me... I'll do a complete evaluation on it ( may take a couple of years ) and give you a recommended value. Oh free of charge. :D

wierdscience
12-24-2009, 10:57 PM
It would fetch $1500-2000 here depending on tooling.Having a bunch of punches to fit it will improve your chances of it selling.People for some reason don't seem to think punches can be bought just like drill bits.

New punches for the new ironworker won't be that expensive and chances are the ones for the other machine won't fit anyway.